fiberglass 4spd hump install-

-

junkyardhero

Reaction score
so what's the general consensus on attachment? riv-nuts and panel bond? tech-screws and sealer? duct tape and chewing gum-- don't worry the carpet will hold it down just fine!

fwiw install is 65 dart w/ buckets

so what's the general consensus on attachment? riv-nuts and panel bond? tech-screws and sealer? duct tape and chewing gum-- don't worry the carpet will hold it down just fine!

fwiw install is 65 dart w/ buckets
My plan was rivnuts and weatherstripping/closed cell foam. My thought was to make the shift rods accessible for service and adjustment. Nylon washers or something to protect the fiberglass at the fastener contact points.

My plan was rivnuts and weatherstripping/closed cell foam. My thought was to make the shift rods accessible for service and adjustment. Nylon washers or something to protect the fiberglass at the fastener contact points.
kinda the direction i was leaning in as well.

figured i'd solicit other o-pines in the department of cat skinning.

kinda the direction i was leaning in as well.

figured i'd solicit other o-pines in the department of cat skinning.
I mean realistically, how often will you service the shift rods? You could use panel bond, which would be the best for the longevity of the fiberglass, simply because you can’t remove it once it’s down. Start skinning, Seymour!

I mean realistically, how often will you service the shift rods? You could use panel bond, which would be the best for the longevity of the fiberglass, simply because you can’t remove it once it’s down. Start skinning, Seymour!

look pal, it's nobody's business how much i service my rods but my own!

i guess i'll use the formula from when i worked at the coal mine back in dickety-doo. back then we was sealing up unused shafts and it was three shovels of catskins to one shovel of tar, packed tight. that and two half hitches would hold the devil i tell you what!

look pal, it's nobody's business how much i service my rods but my own!

i guess i'll use the formula from when i worked at the coal mine back in dickety-doo. back then we was sealing up unused shafts and it was three shovels of catskins to one shovel of tar, packed tight. that and two half hitches would hold the devil i tell you what!
I'm following as may change out the pushbutton in the future and am accumulating parts.

64 and buckets.

Jeff

Here's another vote for riv nuts, and I plan to seal up the edges with some putty-like material, similar to plumber's putty but made for cars. Of course I can't find the putty at the moment...:BangHead:

-
Back