Fiberglass hood latch question

-

Justin Angle

Reaction score
Anyone here have a bolt on Glasstek hood? The hood latch striker bar off my factory hood is not even close to bolting up to the new one. The back hole is there but not the front. I reached out to them but still waiting on a response... Anyone thoughts? Does it require a bar from another car?
Hood is six pack style for 71 Duster

Thanks in advance

FB_IMG_1727782967687.jpg

Anyone here have a bolt on Glasstek hood? The hood latch striker bar off my factory hood is not even close to bolting up to the new one. The back hole is there but not the front. I reached out to them but still waiting on a response... Anyone thoughts? Does it require a bar from another car?
Hood is six pack style for 71 Duster

Thanks in advance

View attachment 1716310609
Not the best or the safest route unless you use hood pins as a backup. See post #2.

Can you bolt through the front hood support? Your other option is a t-nut and some JB Weld. I am in agreement that you need hood pins in the front. If you have a scoop in the car is driven at higher speeds you may want to add them halfway up also. I have seen a lot of fiberglass hoods that began to buckle in the middle including the one that is on the GTS. It seems to happen when the cars run around 100 or better in the 1/8th : D

20241002_101644.jpg

-
Back