Finally Bilstein RCD Specs!

-

madhatta360

1973 Duster 340 H-code TX9
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hopefully we can make this a sticky but I made some calls and got some basic specs on the Bilstein RCD shocks compliments of Race Car Dynamics of Arizona who is a wholesaler for our Abody Bilsteins.

Front Shocks
Part number: 55-R082
10.5” collapsed height
15.75” extended height

Rear shocks
Part number: 55-R092
14” collapsed height
22.7” extended height

Here is their contact information in case anyone has any specific questions. PST had no info on these shocks and thankfully POL/Performance Online hooked me up with contact info

Race Car Dynamics of AZ
P: 928-754-0040
E: [email protected]

Hmm, when I ordered Bilstein shocks for my 1967 Barracuda from PST, they supplied 55-R093 for the rear. I don't know what the difference is supposed to be, but the upper bushings on the ones I received had 5/8" diameter holes — the studs are 11/16". I had to drill out the shock bushings.

Hmm, when I ordered Bilstein shocks for my 1967 Barracuda from PST, they supplied 55-R093 for the rear. I don't know what the difference is supposed to be, but the upper bushings on the ones I received had 5/8" diameter holes — the studs are 11/16". I had to drill out the shock bushings.
Yeah I think PST messed up there when I looked at my 73 duster on rockauto for shocks it takes the same rear shock as your 67’ barracuda so I believe you should have had the R092’s

If I remember correctly the RCD’s originally had two part numbers for the A’s, one for stock ride height and one for lowered ride height. The part numbers were 82/92 (front/rear) and 83/93, I forget which was stock and which was lowered. Eventually RCD just went to one number for the A’s, which I believe was the “lowered” car version.

I wonder where the 5/8" stud size came from. It wouldn't be any 63-up A-body, or B or C for that matter. It might be for a 1st gen Valiant... don't know, never had one.

I wonder where the 5/8" stud size came from. It wouldn't be any 63-up A-body, or B or C for that matter. It might be for a 1st gen Valiant... don't know, never had one.
I reached back out to RCD to see what they say haven’t heard today so hopefully Monday I’ll get a response and we shall see what they say for specs on the R093

update on Collapsed/Extended length on the 55-R093 same exact specs as the R092 but the eyelets/bushings are different diameter.

Thanks for confirming that! I will contact PST and see if I can convince them to change their listing.

Thanks for confirming that! I will contact PST and see if I can convince them to change their listing.
Well interestingly enough I just rec’d my Bilsteins today and the rear shocks they sent me are R093… guess I will call and see what’s going on because I’m pretty sure they should be the R092 which is what I ordered and prolly those have the bigger bushings

image.jpg

I can attest, however, that a new 11/16" drill bit cuts through those poly bushings like butter...

I can attest, however, that a new 11/16" drill bit cuts through those poly bushings like butter...
Yeah but they got to be better with clarity of information. I’m going to call RCD tomorrow and ask them to measure bushing ID on R092 and R093 to confirm we know what fits what and solve this dilemma. No way you should have to be drilling out new shock bushings to fit your application!

Well I measured the bushing ID’s seems like they are sized for 11/16” sleeve and the sleeves will fit and the ID on those is 1/2” so I think they corrected it. Haha man it’s complicated

IMG_0543.jpeg

IMG_0542.jpeg

-
Back