Finally Done

-

danielb927

Reaction score
I finally got the exhaust done today! I ended up taking it to a shop, and they had to custom make the driver's side pipe from the manifold to the X-pipe. It's 2 1/4, which isn't ideal, but I guess I'll live since it's a cruiser not a racer. Dynomax Ultraflo welded mufflers sound good. Now I'm trying to get the carb adjusted, I didn't realize how much of a difference having a full exhaust on there would make. Anyways, it is nice to have a running car again. It was pretty fun and loud driving with nothing but manifolds to the shop this morning though!

Congratulations Daniel :cheers: I just did the same thing not long ago and it sure feels good to drive Victoria again. Wow!! That's two more A bodies on the road :cheers:

Yessir. She made it to Bowling Green and back on the Power Tour, and possibly running on 7 cylinders the whole way at that (hooray for me checking that the plug boots were all the way on!). There are still a few tiny leaks around the manifolds but overall it is nice and sounds great. I will try to get some pics of the system up soon.

Try some copper or aluminum exhaust gaskets. Summit has them.

Yessir. She made it to Bowling Green and back on the Power Tour, and possibly running on 7 cylinders the whole way at that (hooray for me checking that the plug boots were all the way on!). There are still a few tiny leaks around the manifolds but overall it is nice and sounds great. I will try to get some pics of the system up soon.

-
Back