FINALLY; it runs with some authortity!!!!

-
Congrats Bill. Bout time yall got that POS runnin. lol

No kidding!!!

After 4 long years, we have it down to mixture tuning from this 750 dp Holley, but that is now easy task.

Once we get that figured out, you'll see some drag strip times, as we try to dial it in at 10 pounds of boost. I think we'll all be surprised what 10 pounds of boost can do for one of these little leaning towers of power...

We don't have an O-ringed block (yet) and I am apprehensive as to head gasket longevity at around 20 pounds, so we'll be working up to that figure, gingerly.

But, if we live long enough, we'll get there!!!

Thanks for you interest!!! :coffee2:

You know im still here lol Ive done tryed to get you into a race before you got her dailed in lol
(whats a friend for ) hahahaha cant wate to see you out ther running down the 1/4 !

You should make a walk around video of how it sounds at idle and revving!

Bill that 650 should be at your door sometime today. Fyi the toad is running again:blob:let's hope were in the two step forward stage for awhile I don't think I can take many more three steps back:banghead:.

Bill that 650 should be at your door sometime today. Fyi the toad is running again:blob:let's hope were in the two step forward stage for awhile I don't think I can take many more three steps back:banghead:.

Aaron, it's on the car. We had to swap float bowls with the carb we had on the engine, because their fuel inlets are on the driver's side, and the 650 was set up for passenger side fuel delivery.

The stud length for the carb bonnet was perfect.

It was a trouble-free bolt-on... no issues whatever.

Thanks again!!!:cheers:

We'll drive it on Monday with the A/F ratio monitor in place to see if the jetting is right for our motor. I'll bet it is! :D

Bill that's great news I believe that carb will do you and Freddie right. Don't forget to cap off the old boost referenced point on the carb hat, probably want beable to make much boost if you have a leak....
The toad is running again and im planning on doing some little things in the next day or two to get it street legal im bgoing to plate and insure it so I can shake this pile of nuts and bolts down right. But I'm still a couple weeks out before I can do that.
Stay tuned
Aaron

PLEASE KEEP US POSTED!!!!!!?!

Bill that's great news I believe that carb will do you and Freddie right. Don't forget to cap off the old boost referenced point on the carb hat, probably want beable to make much boost if you have a leak....
The toad is running again and im planning on doing some little things in the next day or two to get it street legal im bgoing to plate and insure it so I can shake this pile of nuts and bolts down right. But I'm still a couple weeks out before I can do that.
Stay tuned
Aaron

PLEASE KEEP US POSTED!!!!!!?!

Aaron,

We'll let you know what the meter sez....

Hope the injection performs to your satisfaction. That thing is gonna fly with 12 pounds of boost... probably 400 hp.

Keep us posted! It's finally going to pay off.... all this worrying and waiting!:banghead:

been down the track lately?

Never has been to the strip, but that will change, soon... I will be getting a car-hauler trailer within the next few weeks, for sure, facilitating my first forays into the unknown.

The car is ready, save for some mixture tuning. Ten pounds of boost... to start...:evil2:

what have you done to adjust the mix? this is a strictly strip car right? loose the pv and just jet up until you are in your target afr. leave it a little rich for safety and so you can adjust your boost controller for more boost without messing with the mix. i got mine dialed in in a day. its not hard but you do wind up spilling a lot of gas taking the bowls off over and over. what jets are you running now and where is your afr? what carb are you running?

If you're running a Holley and have an AFR Bill, have you given some thought to the Percy's Adjust-a-jet metering blocks? I wanted to run one on my turbo setup, since there are no jets in it, just exterior screws. I saw it in a Summit catalog and thought it'd be perfect for dealing with turbo setup tuning. They're about $80/per block. Then you don't take it apart to set the jet size.

My desktop computer, which I am used to writing on and use 95% of the time, contracted some form of malware that made it almost impossible to use, about a week ago, so, it's in the shop for a few more days 'til it's "fixed."

I have so much trouble operating on this #$@^&*!!! netbook keyboard, I have just given up...

I'll be back around the end of the week...

Thanks for asking...:)

-
Back