FINALLY; it runs with some authortity!!!!

-
you could always just disconnect the secondaries for now and focus on the primaries. ryan did pretty well on 2 barrels.

Trailer? Hey hey hey... that's cheating buddy. You gotta drive it there.

Wait 'til you're 75 years old and see if changing from hiway tires to slicks and back again at the end of the day appeals to you... :violent1:

I got started on acquiring the trailer in a big way, today. Found one I really liked and gave the dude a deposit on it; I'll give him the rest of the money next week.

It's 16-feet long, steel with a wooden floor, steel, 7-foot-long ramps, Cragar mags and new tires all around, electric brakes, and a 7-pin plug/pigtail, which mates up to the connector on my '93 Dakota (318/518,) perfectly.

My '73 Valiant weighs 3,340, while the slant six car weighs 2,670. I think it will handle each of them OK.

I willl probably add a winch for loading it when one of these these mechanical marvels breaks...:eek:ops:

It was along time, coming...:happy1:

Attachments

• 100_3648-001.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 304
Wait 'til you're 75 years old and see if changing from hiway tires to slicks and back again at the end of the day appeals to you... :violent1:

I got started on acquiring the trailer in a big way, today. Found one I really liked and gave the dude a deposit on it; I'll give him the rest of the money next week.

It's 16-feet long, steel with a wooden floor, steel, 7-foot-long ramps, Cragar mags and new tires all around, electric brakes, and a 7-pin plug/pigtail, which mates up to the connector on my '93 Dakota (318/518,) perfectly.

My '73 Valiant weighs 3,340, while the slant six car weighs 2,670. I think it will handle each of them OK.

I willl probably add a winch for loading it when one of these these mechanical marvels breaks...:eek:ops:

It was along time, coming...:happy1:

Indeed it was. but everything comes to he who waits.... and, wait, I did... but today was the day!!!

I picked it up in North Little Rock and towed it home to Conway. Here's how it looks (nuthin' fancy, but will get the job done, I think.) Now, I am out of excuses as to why I haven't raced this car, yet...

Attachments

• 100_3910.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 256
  • 100_3919.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 250
  • 100_3925.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 282
Where's the frakken video already? Is this car another one of them photoshop hoaxes? lol

Way to go Bill !!!
Try to center that load over the axle so you do not have too much tongue weight or load her backwards so the motor over the axles....
Can not wait till you get her to the track !!!

Hey Bill, glad to see you got a trailer. Hope you get the slant to the track soon. I'd like to see how the 'wasp-mobile' runs too. Any progress on the wiring?

Trailer? Be a man a DRIVE IT to the track. lol

Where's the frakken video already? Is this car another one of them photoshop hoaxes? lol

There WILL e video of this thing, (I bought a brand-new video camera with image stabilization,) for that, but if it won't get out of its own way (always a possibility,) there won't be any videos of that.... :eek:ops:

Attachments

• 100_3919.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 241
Way to go Bill !!!
Try to center that load over the axle so you do not have too much tongue weight or load her backwards so the motor over the axles....
Can not wait till you get her to the track !!!

I'll experiment with center-of-gravity parameters, so it tows well. I think it need about 7% of the total trailer weight on the hitch.

We'll see.

Thanks for your interest!!!:blob:

Hey Bill, glad to see you got a trailer. Hope you get the slant to the track soon. I'd like to see how the 'wasp-mobile' runs too. Any progress on the wiring?

No, I have been directing my feeble energy toward getting this slant six project into its mobile phase; the wasp-mobile will have to wait; I already have a time-slip on it...

Attachments

• image0-2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 234
Trailer? Be a man a DRIVE IT to the track. lol

Like I sed...
Wait 'til you're 75 years old and see if changing from hiway tires to slicks and back again at the end of the day appeals to you...

Just wait; you'll see... LOL!:glasses7:

Attachments

• 100_3622.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 229
Excited to see what it does at the track! Maybe after all of the bugs are worked out you'll be able to take it out on a long cruise! Its got the gear for it!

Excited to see what it does at the track! Maybe after all of the bugs are worked out you'll be able to take it out on a long cruise! Its got the gear for it!

Not really... I made the mistake of puting a 3,55:1 Sure Grip in it back before I realized what it really needed was a 2.73... but, I have a 2.73 on the floor awaiting a spool... I'll get that in there soon... :happy1:

9.7 on a slant 6...... damn what the hell is wrong with me I have been into the wrong things......... This thing is wicked man keep it up

hey bill i know your old but damn, a 4.459 reaction time!

It was just a time trial; and, since I was the only car running (a single,") I took my time adjusting the stall speed. The track had not been treated with VHT, it was only 42-degrees, I was running on some worn (out) 8"-wide drag radials, and I was trying not to overpower the track. I failed, completely and it ending up with a miserable 1.81-second 60-foot time, spinning all the way through first gear. :(

Attachments

• valleave3.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 160
-
Back