FINALLY; it runs with some authortity!!!!

-
make any passes yet? season is dwindling.

No, but I am getting closer; got my trailer and some new, aluminum 90" ramps for it.

I have been working on putting a receiver/hitch on the front of my '93 Dakota, a project complicated by the fact that this truck has NO FRONT CROSSMEMBER to bolt the hitch to.

So, I am having to support the front of it with some braces down from the bumper, in front, and running a longitudinal rod from the bottom of the hitch about 3' back to the rack and pinion mount, which IS a crossmember.
Had to relieve the mounting of all stress, because the hitch is bolted to the bottom of the radiator lateral support and won't take much guff...

The absolute widest gate I could have installed for access to my back yard, was 9'4" wide; the trailer is 9'2"... giving me just 1-inch clearance on each side, so I decided that if I was ever going to get that *&^%^%$#@ trailer in the back yard, I really NEEDED to watch it... and driving it (forward) in there will be a LOT easier than backing it in there!

That is where I am at... will finish that hitch tomorrow,

Then it may be a week or two before I get the car to the strip, but should be no more than that.

Thanks for asking!!!

Attachments

• 100_3933.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 161
I have a simpler plan Bill. You say the gate clearance is not so hot, so you'll have to weld some supports to the front of the truck. This is my easier idea; have you seen the batman movies where he just drives the car into a waterfall and it is immediately in his basement? Perhaps you can just do that. Find a waterfall.

I have a simpler plan Bill. You say the gate clearance is not so hot, so you'll have to weld some supports to the front of the truck. This is my easier idea; have you seen the batman movies where he just drives the car into a waterfall and it is immediately in his basement? Perhaps you can just do that. Find a waterfall.
I thought about that, but central Arkansas has been experiencing a drought, recently, so all the many waterfalls here have dried up.. :banghead:

And, to make matters worse, I don't have a welder, so this is a bolt-on job, so it's slow going...

Par for the course. More:banghead:

But thanks for the help!!! :cheers:

lmfao. +1

-
Back