first converter installation

-

17dartandbroke

Reaction score
This weekend i will be putting a mp175k converter in my dart and i was wondering if someone could tell me if im on the right track. I will loosen the bell housing bolts. Then the crossmember but not take them off. then, im guessing that i have to take the four converter bolts off. Then drop the trans. Im just unsure of putting the converter in the trans and lining it back up with the flex plate. Any tips/tricks, or is it pretty straight forward.

Thanks,
daryl

Id loosen the conv. bolts.
Pull the driveshaft.
hope that your headers and exhaust arent in the way.
pull the starter out
unbolt the the crossmember (after putting a floor jack under the trans)
unbolt the trans and let it down.

Also the higher you have the car in the air the easier it will be to do. Dont forget the jackstands. :D

i have an x pipe...........its slightly under the two bolt holes at the end of the tail shaft, so like two inches hang over..........i hope that itll drop out of there. it shoud.........right :shock: ?

and thanks for the info.

daryl

my exhaust is all welded except for the header flanges. it is turndowns though, so worst come to worse.......

i was bored few weeks ago so i droped mine there not hard at all just get that car up real high it makes a world of a diff.Good luck buddy :salut:

-
Back