First Covid-19 shot

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

512Stroker

We are all here because we are not all there.
Reaction score
The little woman and I got our first Covid-19 vaccine shots today.
The risk of getting the China Flu for us is greater than risks related to the vaccine.
Spoke to my Doctor and he recommended to get it.
Obviously some may have a differant opinion which we repect.
Stay healthy and good luck
Jim K

my wife had hers a month or two ago
was sore for half a day, but fine the next

Do you mind answering some questions?
Age? (55-60) (60-65) (65-70)
What was the brand of the shot?
Thanks

Here is an Interesting article I saw about one dose of the different shots

How effective is a single vaccine dose against Covid-19?

my brother ,26, got his several weeks ago. He had a sore arm. No idea which shot
I got mine 9 days ago.44, Moderna. Arm was more sore than a regular flu shot for a day. My elbows and knees hurt/real sore all the next day then normal

My fiance got her second injection earlier this week. She had a sore arm for the night, but that's about it. At her hospital, she's observed most folks that have had adverse effects are folks with existing allergies since they're immune system is already hypersensitive to foreign substances.

Do you mind answering some questions?
Age? (55-60) (60-65) (65-70)
What was the brand of the shot?
Thanks
I am 62, my wife is 61
Both of us qualify here in MO because we have pre exsisting health issues.
We recieved Pfizer vaccine, no side effects so far.

Thanks! Stay Safe.
My wife and I are 65 and we can get shots here in Texas.
Just trying to make smart decisions.

To our members who have gotten the shot/s, at least you are lucky enough to be able to get them. The wife & I are both in the high risk category, the wife spent 1/2 day yesterday & called the only place issuing the shots. After a 1/2 a day & 192 phone calls which most were busy signals & 9 times of being put in the queue, only to be cut off because of phone circuit overload we are still trying to get through.

Last edited:
Wife (65) got hers (Pfizer) Wed. and had a sore arm for a day, nothing else. We're in NY and I'm scheduled for the Jan. 30th, if supply is there. About 10 people I know have had shots and no problems. Do the right thing people, I'm dog tired of this ****.

Last edited:
Wife and I got first one of two Pfizer shots Monday. My arm was a little sore, more than my annual flu shot. I like that we got appointment for the second shot already. Be glad to get them both onboard and give them a month or so to work. Then we can start travelling again. Quarantining for covid leaves lots of time for my current build though.

The Mexican Government has a timetable, health car workers and then us old folks are next in line:

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 5.27.24 PM.png

I (57 years old) got my first Pfizer shot Monday a week ago. My wife (60) got her first Moderna shot today. I work in a hospital so we're able to get it.

To be honest, I was really against it in the beginning. We currently have 68 Covid inpatients in a 350 bed hospital. From walking through the Covid units I would say 95% are over 70 years old.

I changed my mind after standing in front of my crew every day during our meeting recommending they register for their shots.

This past Monday the hospital started vaccinations for 65 and older, and first responders. They converted a parking deck into a nice area to do shots that keeps people from going into the main hospital. Monday they did 200 shots, by Wednesday they were doing 400 and today they were close to 500.

I had a sore arm and a headache for a day. My wife has a very sore arm and is tired. We'll see how she is tomorrow morning.

Hopefully its not some weird mind control potion.

I (57 years old) got my first Pfizer shot Monday a week ago. My wife (60) got her first Moderna shot today. I work in a hospital so we're able to get it.

To be honest, I was really against it in the beginning. We currently have 68 Covid inpatients in a 350 bed hospital. From walking through the Covid units I would say 95% are over 70 years old.

I changed my mind after standing in front of my crew every day during our meeting recommending they register for their shots.

This past Monday the hospital started vaccinations for 65 and older, and first responders. They converted a parking deck into a nice area to do shots that keeps people from going into the main hospital. Monday they did 200 shots, by Wednesday they were doing 400 and today they were close to 500.

I had a sore arm and a headache for a day. My wife has a very sore arm and is tired. We'll see how she is tomorrow morning.

Hopefully its not some weird mind control potion.

My wife and I just got over the covid crap, wondering how long we will have to wait to take the shots , or if we need to even worry about it , no clear answers -----------

Bob, talk to your Doctor concerning when you should get a vaccine. I recently recovered from a severe case of Covid requiring a hospital stay. I contracted Covid which led to double pneumonia, and sky high blood sugar (no I'm not diabetic). My Doctor said in my case I'll probably have anti-bodies for eight months, or more. I plan to start donating plasma monthly, and in doing so they can tell me monthly if I still have anti-bodies. You can also go to some grocery store chain pharmacies and get the anti-body test for $20. My Doctor recommended waiting for the vaccine until I don't have anti-bodies. If I took a vaccine shot now, and with the anti-bodies I have, my system could have a severe reaction. I'll wait and let someone who needs the shot take my turn for now.

The little woman and I got our first Covid-19 vaccine shots today.
The risk of getting the China Flu for us is greater than risks related to the vaccine.
Spoke to my Doctor and he recommended to get it.
Obviously some may have a differant opinion which we repect.
Stay healthy and good luck
Jim K
Update - Second day
We both have sore arms but no other side effects.
I think a couple Bloody Mary's and an extended dip in the hot tub this morning will help.

My understanding is that it's the second shot that has a higher chance of resulting in adverse effects from the immune response from the higher concentration. Who here has had their second injection???

Another question for folks that have had either one (first or second) - Did the administering entity keep you under observation for 15 mins or so afterwards? Most places around here do to ensure there's no anaphylactic response. I'm curious what you guys are experiencing.

My understanding is that it's the second shot that has a higher chance of resulting in adverse effects from the immune response from the higher concentration. Who here has had their second injection???

Another question for folks that have had either one (first or second) - Did the administering entity keep you under observation for 15 mins or so afterwards? Most places around here do to ensure there's no anaphylactic response. I'm curious what you guys are experiencing.

sat in an observation room for 30 mins for first shot

They made us wait 15 minutes before we could leave.
They did us inside a church, dont know what they do at a drive up?

Last edited:
My wife, a RN, got her 2nd shot yesterday. Felt a little crappy today, but glad to finally have gotten it. She's now volunteering on her days off to assist with vaccinations. Unfortunately, at 57yo I have no idea when I will get the shot. Hopefully sooner than later!

Be well and stay safe folks

Both my wife and I registered online here in SoCal for the vaccination as our age group is eligible now.
We've both been in a virtual 'waiting room' since then waiting for more information on where and when to show up for the shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back