first post...68 cuda exhaust

-

cherokeechief79

Reaction score
my son just bought this car.it was a racecar and had a 440 in it but just before we bought it they put a 318 with a 904 trans in.it runs fine and we just have a few things to do before the initial first ride on the street.it has a brand new 3 inch exhaust system in it and it even still has the stickers on the pipes.the pipes come over the rear housing and then right into the wheeltubs before exiting along the stock gas tank.this leaves very little room for some big meats in the back.im thinking of just taking the rear pipes off at the mufflers and running turn downs angled slightly outward.
any ideas on this good or bad?
we also want to inboard the springs and mini tub it.this seems like there would be no room for exhaust routed the way it is now using the stock tank.

Common problem with many different approaches. I have turn downs but, the AAR/TA style mufflers could get you there with turn outs in front of the tire.

From what I've read on Al Gore's Internet (tm) 3" is kinda big for a 318.

MY 318 plans are for a set of Doug's Headers p/n D453-B and a 2 1/2" exhaust with H pipe. Since I'm going to have to replace the rear valance, I figure I'll get the one cut for dual exhaust.

I plan to exit out the rear if at all possible because the here in the :banghead: People's Communist Republic of California, my son has to sit in a child safety seat in the back and he loves having the window rolled down. If it weren't for that, I'd have the exhaust exit in front of the rear tires like on the AAR and he'd be riding shotgun.

Unless it has very quiet mufflers the drone to me is almost unbearable inside with the turn downs

-
Back