First time at the strip for the Dart, results and what I should do for next time?

-
What track were you at ? I run Island all the time, try running 20 lbs in the drag radials thats what I run on my truck and it works well,as far as the line loc you definitely need one I have one available send me a message.
I was at Island, Mopars at the patch. I completely brain farted on the tire pressure. Drove from home with 30-32 PSI and forgot to lower it when I got there.

I was at Island, Mopars at the patch. I completely brain farted on the tire pressure. Drove from home with 30-32 PSI and forgot to lower it when I got there.
Thanks for all of the suggestions. Absolutely need more seat time, hoping to get back to the track at least a few more times this year. The main purpose of this trip was really a shakedown run for the car, make sure everything runs ok and it gets there and back in one piece. Next trip I plan to have line locks, lower tire pressure, do a better burnout. It's been so long I forget what the timing is set at but I'll baseline that and as suggested I'm not going to change much until I can get some consistency out of the launch. I do have a set of 6 cyl. bars I could throw in. Also need to play around with shift RPM. First run I shifted around 5500, second run 6k.
Thanks again everyone!

I have found that launching from idle lets my converter flash too high and knocks the tire off. I know it seems counterintuitive, but you can try and load the converter and when you launch roll into the throttle. With practice you will be able to more violently roll into it and maybe reduce the launch rpm so you can take advantage of the flash.

and for advice on what gear to do burnout in you need to KNOW exactly how the transmission is built. Until you know that any advice is useless.

Get the tire pressure right + a 90/10 front shock and you should be in business. Have fun.

and for advice on what gear to do burnout in you need to KNOW exactly how the transmission is built. Until you know that any advice is useless.
Trans was a straight forward rebuild (about 25 yrs ago!), Trans Go shift kit otherwise stock internals.

-
Back