First Time Caller - Long Time Lurker

-

Bibbs

Reaction score
Hello from the Great White North. I have been around hot rods and MOPARs most of my life but just finally became an owner myself after many years and hundreds of hours searching for a car that struck me right. She's a 1968 Dart GTS 340 console automatic and a true survivor car, 99% original paint and all original steel, looks to possibly be UU1 blue with a black vinyl top(I haven't decoded the broadcast sheet yet but it is with the car). She's almost entirely rust free other than a little surface stuff here and there thanks to spending a good deal of her life driving a quarter mile at a time. I'm hoping to be able to find a couple odds and ends for the car through the FABO community and pick up a bunch more knowledge along the way.

Dart.jpg

:welcome::canada:

Welcome from Ontario. You won't find a better bunch of guys and gals. Tons of good info, and lots of good stuff for sale.

Greeting from Texas, we need more pictures of the GTS.

Welcome to FABO nice 68 GTS love blue and black vinyl top..we need more pictures.

Welcome from The Mitten state, glad to have you with us. Awesome car, what a great find!

Welcome from where the car was probably made?(Detroit)

Thanks everyone. The fella I bought it from is having his shop go through the brakes before I do the hour long drive home with her so it's not in my garage yet but I've got a few more pics, no wide shots because I'd already seen the car before I took these. She's got a couple beauty marks but I don't mind. I'm tempted to keep it real original and only do spot repairs and paint where needed.

Dart Door Jamb.jpeg

Dart Engine.jpeg

Dart Fender DS.jpeg

Dart Front End.jpeg

Dart Interior.jpeg

Dart Quarter DS.jpeg

Dart Radio.jpeg

Dart Rear Suspension DS.jpeg

Dart Rocker PS.jpeg

Dart Trunk Interior DS.jpeg

Welcome and nice purchase!

The underside of the car is solid so it didn’t see any Alberta winters over the years. If you’re from Edmonton is the car from Red Deer or from north of Edmonton? There are some nice Mopars rolling around AB but then Crosstown was a huge dealer and did have some sway with the Mothership to get those 71 and 72 Dart 340 Canadian Specials built.

Welcome from Southern Alberta.
Great looking Dart, love the original appearance, I'd leave it as is cosmetically, make sure it's safe and enjoy the hell out of it.

-
Back