flattop 360

-

o1heavy

1974 dart sport
Reaction score
can someone me with the compression ratio with a flattop pistion
in a stock stroke 360 with the 340 xhead

thanks guys

The stock 360 dished piston is around .088 in the hole and the dish is 8cc. An X head chamber volume is 68-76 cc depending on what valves you use (maybe 68 with performance flat valves) , nail head increase compression, dished valves taketh away. They are all a little different so use a calculator with these values to determine what with a dish and 8.9cc gasket. Some flat tops are 1.576 compression height so you can plug that in too. It all depends....reported 8.37 with 67cc heads and stock pistons.

anywhere between 8.5 or 10.5 to 1 ..

depends on how far the pistons are down in the bore...depends on what head gasket you use...and finally depends on what the CCs are on the heads...

you are going to have to provide more info........sorry

thanks for the help , replacing the 360 in my dart due to the .008 oversized lifter bore (not able to find one) and other issues
the damaged engine ran really hard ,just trying to get idea of how much power i will be losing
built the engine that is currently in the car to long ago to remember what pistons i used ( other than they were keith blacks )

got a flattop 360 that is fresh cheap ,just to get the car back on the road

-
Back