Flea Market Finds !!!

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
Scored some goodies over the weekend at a big flea market in Webster Florida...........2 antique fans, now completely restored......I bought them ratty and in desperate need (55 bucks for the pair....One's a GE with aluminum blades, and the other an Emerson Electric with brass...both oscillate).... but they both worked.......Now with nut and bolt restorations and new paint, with a full polish, they look and work great.....Probably quintupled my investment on these..................and for all you CHRISTMAS STORY fans out there, that's the REAL DEAL in the last picture......a 1947 Daisy Red Ryder, all original.....blued finish, aluminum lever, burned logo, and all wood stock and forearm.......NICE shape, and it fires awesome...the seals are incredible. Nailed it for 40 bucks.

116_1671.jpg

116_1672.jpg

116_1674.jpg

116_1675.jpg

116_1676.jpg

Great finds you got there!!!!

See if you can find me a 64 HEMI Super Stock Dodge in the same shape as those fans for about 10k. I would definitley pass on a finders fee.

nice finds! Christmas Story.. now all you need is a gross of fuses and a leg lamp!

Leg lamp won't fly with my wife around........

........wait a minute........it probably WOULD fly with my wife around.................yep..........now that I think about it, it would definitely be flying in short order. :toothy10:

LOL... mine bought me a small one to hang on the Christmas tree... we laugh about getting one for my dad all the time.... everyone in the house except my wife likes that movie.... I wouldn't want a full size one anyway.... except as a joke to put up in the front window. (temporarily of course)

pastortom1 Those fans look cool...lol.....ahhhh.... ya,
Anyway, I have been to the Webster Flea Market, once a year for the last 5 years or so. Thats a huge place, I drive down once a year to pick my mother up when she stays with her DAD/my Grandpa in Brooksville. I like going through the old stuff out back, but they stick to the stuff in the front, so my time is usually cut short. Anyhow, back to your cool finds, they look very nice, Ill have to start looking with more imagination.

Yeah, it takes imagination, just like the cars.........The wife sees "junk", but I see gold........Can't resist a good challenge.

I have old toys, train sets, muscle bikes, snowmobiles, amps and guitars.......too much stuff, and most all picked up at bargain basement prices......gotta find the time to restore it all before I kick........(or before the wife kicks me). 8)

Nice job on the fans. I usually get around $80 - $90 for the brass bladed fans unrestored. Not too many left around here anymore. I was picking a farm house 2 weeks ago, and got a nice load of mantle clocks, pottery, china, crocks, bamboo fishing rods, etc. I was lucky to get these 3 hanging oil lamps for under $100, and these tin toys for $10 in the deal.
Stopped at a yard sale this past weekend and bought another bamboo rod, and a Sage fly rod and reel, as well as a Fenwick rod with an Orvis reel, with a spare spool, that were used only once. Also got 2 pair of waders, and all cost less than $20. I checked the retail on the newer rods/reels, and it is over $700. Ya, I'm grinning. Tim

100_4515 (Small).JPG

100_4518 (Small).JPG

100_4520 (Small).JPG

100_4522 (Small).JPG

100_4523 (Small).JPG

You sure did a nice job restoring them Tom :cheers: You enjoy a cool hobby I see :happy10:

-
Back