floor pans repair

-

itsthepopo91

Reaction score
I just gutted the interior of my 64' valiant, and the front pans have rust pin holes and the rear pans have massive rust holes. I know I need to cut and patch, but is there anything special I need to be aware off when I am doing this? Its my first time and I want to do it right! O:)

I just gutted the interior of my 64' valiant, and the front pans have rust pin holes and the rear pans have massive rust holes. I know I need to cut and patch, but is there anything special I need to be aware off when I am doing this? Its my first time and I want to do it right! O:)
Try to find the spotwelds and drill what you can,when replacing new metal,you can drill and weld up.This will help keep your patches connected to your cars frame structure.Good luck.

Make sure your Tetanus shot it up to date. I'd cut the whole floor out probably....pics?

I got a complete floor from Wildcat auto : http://www.wildcatmopars.com/

Wasn't cheap but it was solid. Drilled out the factory spot welds and pealed the old floor out. Don't envy you, I've been there done that.
6129_1194225180051_1361076797_549869_5963171_n.jpg

Relax and have plenty of time and space to do the work. NOTHING you put in that hole to replace is going to be a lay down weld in fit...I did a whole pan replacement in sections and it was my first here a few months back. Get a good spot weld cutter and take your time. Tools needed, Clamps, hammers, tin snips, welder, spot weld cutter, pry bar, grinder, self drilling screws, you can do this it took me about a month to get mine all done working in spurts.

Thanks for the advice!! I will try to add a couple of pictures, as I know they speak a thousand words. I will just take my time and see how it goes. :eek:

-
Back