Status
Not open for further replies.

moparmat2000

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Contact seller
Hi all

what i have is a 1974 "A" body steering column, this was originally a 1974 automatic column shift column. it has been modified to floor shift and has factory standard shift smooth column pieces installed without " PRNDL indicator wart" .The original automatic lower shifter collar has been smoothed out. it can be used for floor shift stick and automatic cars. should fit 1970 to 1976.

everything has been dissassembled, sandblasted, and reprimered, and painted. upper and lower bearings have been cleaned and regreased. ignition electrical switch and turn signal switch are used but have been checked with an OHM meter and seem to be ok. tho i cannot guarantee they work, no real way to test em.

the 3 upper column cast pieces are in grey primer and ready for you to paint in the color of your choice. no turn signal stick, ignition lock cylinder is included as you would reuse your originals. i have temp installed a manual steering lower steering box coupling (different size spline than power steering), however you can reuse your power steering coupling, and rebuild kits for this end of the column are available from www.vansauto.com[/URL] for about $16.00

this is NOT a factory floor shift column, it does NOT have the ignition key interlock. (the feature where u have to put car in park if automatic, or reverse if stick shift to lock the column and get the key out) the reason i mention this is if your trying to restore an original 1970 to 1976 floor shift car it will work but NOT be correct. it will however be just fine for your A street rod non stock application.

this is a nice part, would look good in any A body car, and took me some time to rebuild, paint, and modify it. if i had a need for it i would be putting it in my car but dont need a locking steering column in my 67 barracuda.

im very O.C.D. about restoring stuff it has to be perfect as such i'm very happy with how it turned out. id like $150 OBO plus shipping for this part.
i will also include a box full of leftover steering column parts that fit this column with the sale as i dont need them.

Attachments

• IMG_1084.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 1,088
  • IMG_1085.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 880
  • IMG_1086.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 1,222
I'd be all over this if it was for a 67 Dart. If you'd be interested in building one for my application please let me know.

I'd be all over this if it was for a 67 Dart. If you'd be interested in building one for my application please let me know.

i have one thats a 3 speed manual on the tree im building for my 67 barracuda so that ones not for sale obviously as its for my car, however i could probably redo your existing one from your 67 dart if your willing to send it to me to be modified. hows $100 labour sound to modify it, and you pay for the shipping on both directions.

i would recommend you send me a lower column seal kit from vans auto at about $16.00 and i can redo the lower steering shaft attach knuckle as part of the $100. if theres any electrical it needs such as the turn signal switch assembly i would recommend you purchasing it and include it with the column and i will install it no charge as part of the rebuild as it all has to come apart anyways. be exteremely careful disconnecting the turn signal switch wiring from the dash wiring. the clear plastic plug on the column side can be very brittle, and i cannot get replacements.

if its an automatic on the column 67 model column the lower steering shaft bearing and its corresponding plastic carrier cannot be purchased it is a one year only part, nobody makes this as reproduction. make sure this part is not cracked if or when you send it as i cannot fix or replace it.

you part will be returned to you cleaned, sandblasted, repainted, however the die cast column pieces will be in grey primer

LMK

i am located in Abilene texas 79606

thanks
matt

That sounds like a very fair price. I will probably need a different column to send you because mine is in horrible shape. I'm sure there are much better ones at the junk yard. It may be cheaper if I found one local to you so it wouldn't need to be sent there.

Will the column fit/ work in a '67 Dart with manual steering. This is not a resto-case we're talking about. Our problem is the thick part of the column that protrudes past the firewall into the engine bay is so long that it is hitting our newly installed Stahl 2 1/8" headers. Your part looks shorter than ours (non-automatic column).

Hey Wagonblown, from what I have been able to research, the steering jacket sticks out into the engine bay less on the 74+ columns (which this one is). I had asked him about this too, as it looked different from my 73 column, which protruded into the engine bay farther.

cudaman, I had heard from the seller before he left, but is currently out of town due to urgent need.

hi cudamanbob

i dont think i got an email or post from you. maybe i did but i got a decent amount of replies for this column. i tried to reply to em all. sorry if i didnt get back to you. rockersduster is correct, i'm leaving town on urgent business as of tomorrow morning,

again sorry if i didnt reply to you

matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back