Flywheel balancing

-

Max1196

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just a note regarding what you get in that "brand" for a flywheel. Is it balanced? How good is it balanced? Outa wack more than 50 grams @ 2.5 inch radius and a "EE" or "Tilt" (150+g) in layman's terms @ 6 inch radius. Black pen arrows is what I did to get it back on track.

20230614_082005.jpg

20230613_113731.jpg

20230614_081943.jpg

The 3 and a 1/4 holes I added are about 6 inches from the center of the crank. 2.5 inches is about the distance from the center of the crank to where roughly the counterweight balancing is measured. And in this case at 500 RPM. As for mfg, first photo, "made in" you see it.

Ahh ok, I know what radius is, I ust wasnt sure how it "translated" to what you were doing. So basically a "standard" for flywheels. Yeah I saw the "made in...." lol.
The 3 and a 1/4 holes I added are about 6 inches from the center of the crank. 2.5 inches is about the distance from the center of the crank to where roughly the counterweight balancing is measured. And in this case at 500 RPM. As for mfg, first photo, "made in" you see it.

Just a note regarding what you get in that "brand" for a flywheel. Is it balanced? How good is it balanced? Outa wack more than 50 grams @ 2.5 inch radius and a "EE" or "Tilt" (150+g) in layman's terms @ 6 inch radius. Black pen arrows is what I did to get it back on track.

View attachment 1716102629

View attachment 1716102632

View attachment 1716102634
I've done "a little" balancing in the past so I know. But for those who may not, tell them how far out that really is in comparison to "where" it should be.

50+ gram imbalance at one end of the crank would be slightly noticeable, the rear-view mirror wouldn't be "steady". Not a disaster, just not good out of the box tolerances.

50+ gram imbalance at one end of the crank would be slightly noticeable, the rear-view mirror wouldn't be "steady". Not a disaster, just not good out of the box tolerances.
It would be a disaster for me because I'm pretty damned particular about that kinda thing. lol

-
Back