Flywheel identification

-

Babyblue66

Cool dude
Reaction score
I have this external balance flywheel, but I don't know what it's for. I need one for a 360 la.
Anyone know which ones had these four holes drilled in?

20240815_100514.jpg

Looks like one that someone had done for a specific engine build. Due to the holes not being place symmetrically. I would say not factory or professionally done. 360 diagram is shown here,.

001 (3).jpg

If its external balance then it narrows it down to LA360 or magnum but can still be truck or car. Count how many teeth it has as well as the diameter, 130 teeth means it was used in a car and 10.5" diameter (and what most car bellhousings will accept) while the trucks used 143 teeth and will be 11" in diameter
Does it have any numbers on it anywhere?

I've seen different companies balance their flywheels in different ways
If you had a stock internal balance flywheel and wanted to make it external balance, this diagram is what has been recommended to do to it. Notice its only 3 holes for this particular method

360 Flywheel Balance.JPG

No way to verify without having a shop check it. It could also have been done for 400/440 cast crank engine also. It's a lot of work to put it together, only to find out it's not right. Might be better to just buy what you know is correct for your application.

Buy the correct one from Brewers and hang that on the wall in your garage as a conversation piece

-
Back