Flywheel specs

-

ryan1964

Reaction score
I have a 1964-65 a833 9 1/8 clutch trying to find out what the minimum spec on the flywheel is we are trying to turn out the hot spots without going over the minimum thank you

i scoured the all of the FSM's i have at my disposal (65, 69 & 74) and could not find a mention in any of those for min. thickness. surprisingly they only list run out and flat on the wheel and pressure plate.

i looked at the three i have here (70's /6 122T and 65/66 122T as well as a 67+ 130T) and not one of them has any min. thick markings on them.

i would *guess* that as long as you still have the depth in the holes for proper engagement of the bolts that attach the pressure plate you should be okay? what that is, i don't know... .040? .060?

I'd also be sure that the springs on the disc do not contact the heads of the flywheel to crank bolts. That disc hub does flex.

You can not cut out the hot spots. They will come right back. We have even tried to grind them out it may last a couple hundred of miles but they still come back and you'll have a chatter.

Plenty of room there thanks
You can not cut out the hot spots. They will come right back. We have even tried to grind them out it may last a couple hundred of miles but they still come back and you'll have a chatter.
well that sucks that makes it hard to buy a refurbished one

I used them a lot of years because they were light weight. I heard someone makes dual disc set ups for them but don't remember who. Maybe they have something. And don't buy a refurbished one because they look good but if it had hot spots they come right back and you'll be doing the job over.

I used them a lot of years because they were light weight. I heard someone makes dual disc set ups for them but don't remember who. Maybe they have something. And don't buy a refurbished one because they look good but if it had hot spots they come right back and you'll be doing the job over.
Ok thanks

Oh and if you want a larger clutch, you can get a set with a scalloped pressure plate that has a 10" clutch disc.

Thanks
Oh and if you want a larger clutch, you can get a set with a scalloped pressure plate that has a 10" clutch disc.
I have looked I'll just get a different bell housing that other clutch is expensive mine was only $100 at Rock Auto it's the regular clutch a pressure plate not the weird 9.5 clutch and pressure plate

Thanks

I have looked I'll just get a different bell housing that other clutch is expensive mine was only $100 at Rock Auto it's the regular clutch a pressure plate not the weird 9.5 clutch and pressure plate
It helps to know what you're looking for.

-
Back