Fold down rear seat

-
Barracuda or demon / dart sport / duster?

Hey that's a good point, I forgot about the Barracuda's. Well, if it's a Duster/Dart Sport/Demon I've got it covered. :D

Hey that's a good point, I forgot about the Barracuda's. Well, if it's a Duster/Dart Sport/Demon I've got it covered. :D
Yeah, it's for a 73 duster. Now that I know what's all involved, I don't know if I want to do it......I mean, how desirable are they to have? It's not like it's going in a numbers matching car, how rare we're they? And, how much extra value would it add to the vehicle? Another thing to think about is, the narrower fold down seat could possibly be used in tubbed vehicles.

They're not that rare and they really don't add much if any value to the car. They came on a lot of the 73+ cars with different option packages. As far as being desirable I don't see a huge interest. I like mine because I still haul stuff in my car, that's why I added it. I still haul parts and things for my other projects and it's my normal daily driver. But with less and less of these cars being driven daily it's probably not something that most people would use. For a car that didn't have one originally it would probably de-value the car because of the amount of modifications needed.

As far as using them with a tubbed car, not really. The bottom cushion of the fold down seat is identical to the standard seat. The upper is narrower, but all of the mounting brackets and latches are mounted on the wheel tubs. That's why I didn't mini-tub my car. You could probably make it work with a mini-tub, but it wouldn't be any easier than making a standard seat work.

-
Back