[SOLD] FOR SALE: 1956 331 Hemi

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot heads timing cover, about 230, Chebbie water pump, cheap as hell. The intake valley pan needs to be modified. Free if you can mig weld. All that needs to be done to it is a hole cut in it for the oil fill tube which I have and the tube welded in so that it clears the thermostat housing. Distributor. It will accept any small block distributor with the Hot Heads intermediate shaft I have. Exhaust. That's about it. I have an oil pan, but depending on what you're going to put it in, you may need a rear sump The pan I have is a full length sump and probably holds at least 8 quarts. Oh and it needs a dipstick and tube.

Sorry you don't like my gangrene foot. I went to great lengths to find a goodun.

I am interested in the engine but would like to get some information. I would like to get the casting number off the block at the front in the valley area and the casting number off the head also.
You did not mention whether you had hardened exhaust seats done with the valve job so if you could verify that it would be useful info.

Do you have receipts from the parts and machine work that was done?

If we do a deal I would want that for my records. I may put this in a 1934 Plymouth 2 door sedan and if I sell someday these will have value.
I am building a shop near Thomasville GA so you are not too far to get the engine.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

I am not sure if I can put my hands on the receipts or not. All of that work was done when I worked at the transmission shop. All of the receipts are there, because they were all thrown in the same pile as other work Steve was doing for us at the time. However, verifying it and getting copies will not be a problem.

All of the machine work was done by Steve Reeves at his shop here:

http://www.reevesrpmperformance.com/

Feel free to call him and ask him about Rob Merritt's Hemi. Call him directly and tell him what you need. That way, I am out of it and you know it is legit. I also am building a 360 for member "Cruzin" here on the forum and I am using Steve's shop for that as well. Feel free to bring that up too.

It had hardened seat inserts from the factory. All of the truck engines did. The heads were actually runnable in the condition they were in, but they had the 7/16 stem sodium filled truck exhaust valves. I had Steve replace all of the exhaust guides and install new Hot Heads 392 valves. He had to open up the intake bowls to accept the bigger intake valves correctly, but again, he will verify everything.

I didn't do a step by step photo buildup, but I do have some before and after shots. It was a rustball when I got it. But it was one of the internally cleanest engines I have ever torn down. If you will PM me your email address, I will send you all of the pics I have.

Block number is VT488 1398 Heads are 1730433-1

I am interested in the engine but would like to get some information. I would like to get the casting number off the block at the front in the valley area and the casting number off the head also.
You did not mention whether you had hardened exhaust seats done with the valve job so if you could verify that it would be useful info.

Do you have receipts from the parts and machine work that was done?

If we do a deal I would want that for my records. I may put this in a 1934 Plymouth 2 door sedan and if I sell someday these will have value.
I am building a shop near Thomasville GA so you are not too far to get the engine.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Got some good bites, but so far, this is still available.

I still have this. I still need to sell it badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back