Forabodiesonly member heading to final round

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Our member @71Demon528 is headed to the finals at Keystone Raceway Parks Mopar race today. He will be running against another friend in his 4.60 running Dodge Strattus. Both cars run out of Bowman Performance a longtime friend (40 plus years) whose shop is 20 minutes from the track. Good luck to both racers.

9B98EC07-9802-47B1-B43A-DF58B0063655.jpeg

Awesome John thank you for posting. Very appreciated. It was a hell of a day. No feelings are hurt losing to a close friend like Gene. I even dialed the car down 1 from the semi final to try to be on the safe side since I was running a very fast car, but still broke out. Oh well that’s racing. I was happy to see gene get his first ever win, no matter if it was against me or anyone else.

Very cool to see all the mopars in the winner circle for this event especially since we are usually so outnumbered by Chevys on a regular basis.

Love that stratus... very prostock looking
Yes the Dart is as close to pro stock looking as it can get. He built and fabricated that car himself after he crashed his stratus years back. It’s a very impressive car. The attention to detail is insane on that car. He has spent countless amount of time teaching me about 4 link suspensions over the years. He really helped me get my car working better from the time I bought it until now, especially when I went from footbrake to transbrake. Cant ask for better friends.

You are a humble man and will be in many more winners circles..love that 71 Demon...Best of luck!!!

Just a super cool thread sincere thanks to @pittsburghracer for the pix. Some great back story as well. Best part of racing is the friendships forged. The guys that will stay with you till two in the morning just to make sure you are ready, or lay under your car helping you put in parts just so they can line up against you in forty minutes. Family!

To add a little more to this the green Duster is Tim’s (Bowman Performance) son. Nick is a pure bread footbrake racer and has been for years as is his father Tim. Nick is invited to an international race full of heavy hitters upcoming at Dragway42. Nick won a 7000.00 to win race at Maple Grove Pa a few weeks ago and is always in the late rounds and has been so for years. Tim also built and maintains all three of the racers mentioned in this post along with many others. Tim is also our local Indy dealer

AE714083-3669-41E2-BC8F-6E687A67F7C8.jpeg

To add a little more to this the green Duster is Tim’s (Bowman Performance) son. Nick is a pure bread footbrake racer and has been for years as is his father Tim. Nick is invited to an international race full of heavy hitters upcoming at Dragway42. Nick won a 7000.00 to win race at Maple Grove Pa a few weeks ago and is always in the late rounds and has been so for years. Tim also built and maintains all three of the racers mentioned in this post along with many others. Tim is also our local Indy dealer

View attachment 1716104239
It's cool to leave on the button but give the foot brake racer a huge pat on the back for cutting good lights.

Looks a lot different than my 68 Dart !!! what motor is it running ? , x pro stock ?

I’ve tried to get Tim to post on here for the last two years. Tim like me calls a spade a spade so as a businessman he’s probably better off not posting. (A few members would drive him away) I wish I knew more so I could explain better but it’s an Indy block with and I may be mistaken 600-13X Indy heads or something like that. I bought Genes old 1982 Dodge charger Pro Street years ago and even back then he had a plywood pattern on his shop wall for 4 link chassis adjustments. He races this car weekly

Yes John you’re correct it’s an Indy 600-13x headed engine.

622 cubic inch. Naturally aspirated. Indy tunnel ram intake with 2 dominators (I believe 1250s). Dry sump oil system. Jesel belt drive and rockers (I believe 1.8 or 1.9 ratio). Carrillo steel rods, crower 8 counterweight crankshaft, diamond pistons. I forget the bore x stroke and compression but I wanna say at least 16:1 compression. The camshaft I do not know the exact specs I just know it’s big lol.

It was dynod when the engine was originally built many years ago but I can’t remember exact numbers. I know the fastest the car has been was in the 4.50s at 150mph but again can’t remember the EXACT ET and MPH. I just know it was in the 4.50s.
It’s a beast.

-
Back