Ford Fans on Cold Case 26"

-
Might create some suspension interference issues. I'll need to check that

Well, I did a bunch of judicious trimming on the fan and straightened the radiator support some. I was able to knock about 1/4" off of the area in front of the pulley. It now fits and I have about 1/8" clearance to the pulley. I'm going to try to take another 1/8" off to increase that clearance to 1/4". I think it'll be OK.

upload_2020-9-2_16-21-24.png

So, Im not happy with the look of the trimmed fan. Just doesn't look very professional to me for a fairly high quality build. At the end of the day the best plan will be to shorten the WP by 3/4" This has already been done by another board member so it's all figured out. I'm drop shipping a new FlowKooler pump to Kellogg Automotive in AZ. They're going to do the machine work and correct reassembly. I can shorten the pulley to suit and I should be in business.

So, Im not happy with the look of the trimmed fan. Just doesn't look very professional to me for a fairly high quality build. At the end of the day the best plan will be to shorten the WP by 3/4" This has already been done by another board member so it's all figured out. I'm drop shipping a new FlowKooler pump to Kellogg Automotive in AZ. They're going to do the machine work and correct reassembly. I can shorten the pulley to suit and I should be in business.

I milled 1/4'' of mine to allow for the motor plate , 3/4'' sounds like it excessive to me , would it hinder waterflow ??

So, I did end up shortening the WP by about .800". I can now use a stock Ford fan without cutting the crap out of it. A long way around, but it's a nice clean professional look IMO.
Hope this helps someone else in the future.
Regards,
Steve
upload_2021-2-24_23-18-8.png

-
Back