Found mopar parts stash

-

Drache

1971 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
So I get a call from my mom. She tells me that her boyfriend's dad is in an old folks home and so it's up to them to clean up the old guy's place. Seems her boyfriend and his dad were diehard mopar fans and the old guy's place shows it.

I've been set aside a complete A-body 8 3/4 rear end (non-suregrip), a '68 Dart grille, side mirrors, and a few other Dart odds and ends. All for free. Just have to wait a couple weeks for my grandparents to drive across Canada to see my mom and thus shuttle the parts back to BC for free :D

But it doesn't end there. Transmissions both 727 and 4 speeds. Cuda consoles, tail lights, bumpers, hoods, rear ends, etc. All left over from when the old man used to run a couple Cudas!

But the scary part is most of this stuff will go for scrap! It's being left in the garage and basement until the house sells and then whatever is left over is being scrapped! Seems a Cuda hood (Rally Hood?) was already thrown out simply because it was rusty on the underside bands.

If I had the truck and money I'd go over and collect everything, clean it, sell it, and split the money with him just to save it!

Sweet!

I found out a bit ago that my girlfriend's great grand dad was an engineer and machinist for Chrysler.

Upon cleaning out the mid-century furniture and fridge we wanted from the place, I also had the task of removing stuff from the attic, last month.

Kellers%20Attic.jpeg

I felt like a little girl, again.

It was more fun, than lucrative. I ended up with a few cool items. One or two that will actually help me on my way with the Scamp project, but most of it was early B body stuff, which I'm not complaining about.

Made me realize that I have more junk in my possession than they had worthwhile at the last Mopar swap meet I went to.

I need to start downsizing before I become said old man.

My mom's boyfriend's problem is lack of storage. He said he would sell what he could locally until the house sells. I offered to pay shipping on whatever was left rather than throw it out....

He wouldn't happen to have a center grill and emblem for a 1966 barracuda would he?

Where in Canada are these parts? Just asking so we can see if there are any members around where the parts are so they do not get scrapped

Like to have that 68 Dart Grille and whatever else is there for a 68 Dart.

You said that most of the part were early b-body, any 62 Fury parts

I did? :D

Most of the parts are E-body Cuda and some '68 Dart Stuff thrown in. The Old man owned the Cudas and his son (my mom's boyfriend) used to own the Darts.

I'm getting all the Dart stuff given to me off the top.

Exactly what I was thinking.

You're the closest ;)

That's all I'm willing to disclose right now until the parts are sorted and stuff goes on sale in the local classifieds (kijiji).

Sorry but I'm trying to broker a deal to get all the parts and sell them to make a little coin. Last time I let something like this leak a guy I told went behind my back and bought everything for a bundle price like I was going to and made a mint.

No worries about me scooping it up. I'm so broke right now, just the gas money to get to them would break the bank! Unless of course they're across town from me, I could swing that. ;) If I CAN help out someway, let me know.

-
Back