Frame connector Help

-

djwhog

Reaction score
OK I am finally getting around to installing the Mopar Frame connectors. I know a lot of guys make their own. but here is what i have an d the issues I see.

My car is a 64 dart which is the 111" wheel base.
The correct part # is suppose to p4876658. When I put them about where they shoud be on the rear part of the frame rail which allows it to sit pretty snug against the floor, it is about 3 inches to short to the front of the frame at the crossmember location.

I measured them and they are 50 1/2" long. Does anybody else have a set of these that are the correct ones for a 111 wheel base car and can measure them and tell me the total length. I called the dealer and they said they are correct and when I had them measure the once for the p 4286868 108" wheel base cars they are only 47", so that sound like I should have the correct ones?

The only way I can see these will work is to trim the rear top lip and cut a new angle on it so that I can mount it frter forward. But they really do seem to sit perfect when farther back, ut are just about 3" to short.

please help guys! Need some measurements and to determine if these are still the wrong connectors or do i need to modify them.

I had to do the mods for my 66 that you are talking about. I cut the top of the rear portion and ground it to fit. I think these connectors were designed for later model a bodies. after the mods they fit fine and I welded mine in.

Kind of what I was thinking 66dartman I may have to do. To bad it is not longer.

thanks for the tip!

-
Back