Freaking small block mopar engine mounts

-

Confusedcuda

Reaction score
Hello, about to loose my mind here. got a 68 barracuda that had a 318, now putting in a 69 340. Just assumed schumacher 318 to 340 conversion kits would be everywhere like they were 13 or 14 years ago when I did this before. Got rid of my motor mounts and brackets and now can't find just some stock 318 mounts and sure as hell can't find any conversion ones. Like I said I will need the brackets to, got to go through my stuff, but pretty sure I got rid of them. ANY ideas or suggestions. Thanks

People have modified 318 mounts to work. Another company took over the Schumacher's mounts, I can't recall who.

Man, that would be great if someone had that info on who's got the company now. As far as stock 318 mounts and brackets I can't find them

OEM stuff is outrageous

16148257688871636102542023142137.jpg

You can modify a passenger side 318 Mount to work on the driver side for a 340 mount....or just modify the driver side

16148259139783326968812646673491.jpg

Get back with me in a week if you hadn't found none

Thank you guys for all the great info Dano you are correct USCT Motorsports in North Carolina had the conversion sets for 145.00 they make them there! Thanks FABO!

That's great!! They will be making good money, considering nobody has these anymore!!!

I just called and spoke to Win at US CarTool. They ARE taking over the Schumacher line, but it's gonna take a while.

Guess that I am in the dark, this is the first time that I was aware that a 318 and 340 were different motor mounts. Thought that all 4 small blocks were the same.

Now I know why I had to make a spacer for my drivers side mount.
Thank you.

Just slice the mount vertically with a grinder removing enough material so you don’t need a spacer. Bolt the two pieces back on that engine and weld them together...you might have to do a bit of grinding after to clean up the corners...take less time than searching the internet for a mount

Guess that I am in the dark, this is the first time that I was aware that a 318 and 340 were different motor mounts. Thought that all 4 small blocks were the same.

It's nowhere near as bad as people make out. I've seen people need therapy over it. I mean really. It doesn't take much at all to make the 318 stuff work.

-
Back