friend and co worker dying of cancer

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
First off F##K cancer. I lost my grandmom to it, now its going to take one of my friends whom i also work with. 40 years old is way too young. I am tearing up right now as i write this. He has hospice care, and his family is with him, i will be making a trip out to his place after work to see him one last time before he goes. I hope i can keep it together.

He battled this for 2 years and put up a good fight, but im afraid he has lost the battle with it. Doug is/was an avid motorcycle enthusiast, loved his motoguzzi motorcycles. I used to tease him calling it an italian harley. We joked around a lot at work. I hope he goes peacefully with all his loved ones by his bedside.

Maybe god had a plan for him and its his time to be called home. I hope theres never ending sunny skies in heaven, and a never ending tank of fuel for his guzzi.

God bless you Doug, soon your physical pain will be over, and you will be at rest.

Matt

First off F##K cancer. I lost my grandmom to it, now its going to take one of my friends whom i also work with. 40 years old is way too young. I am tearing up right now as i write this. He has hospice care, and his family is with him, i will be making a trip out to his place after work to see him one last time before he goes. I hope i can keep it together.

He battled this for 2 years and put up a good fight, but im afraid he has lost the battle with it. Doug is/was an avid motorcycle enthusiast, loved his motoguzzi motorcycles. I used to tease him calling it an italian harley. We joked around a lot at work. I hope he goes peacefully with all his loved ones by his bedside.

Maybe god had a plan for him and its his time to be called home. I hope theres never ending sunny skies in heaven, and a never ending tank of fuel for his guzzi.

God bless you Doug, soon your pain will be over, and your soul will be at peace.

Matt

Prayers sent ....i too lost my friend Madeline from school back in dec. to lung cancer and she was late 30s wife and mother of three.......its hard to understand why it takes some ppl.

Tough to take, to say the least. Lost one of my cousins, a hell of a nice guy at 26, with a young wife and two little girls. His cousin, a sister's son, barely made it past his 18th birthday. He fought leukemia all his short life. Lost a sister of mine to brain cancer in her early 50s. Other women in our extended family have had various bouts with breast cancer, none fatal so far as that goes.

My condolences. Too bad we can afford to go to war, we can go to space, but we can't find a cure for ailments like these.

Simple... There's no $$$ to be made in a cure. Treatment is a mutli billion $ business. Lost my father to it, have had it myself and my son's grandfather is stage 4. :sad:. Sorry for your loss, prayers sent.

So sorry to hear of your impending loss, Matt. I've lost several friends and family members to this nasty disease. My wife is a 15+ year survivor of breast cancer.
Stay strong for your friend when you go visit and continue to joke with him if you can. Anything to lighten the mood and ease his mind will be beneficial.

Lost my mom and uncles to this, stay strong for him and do as ocdart said.
So sorry to see anyone going threw this..... Prayers sent Matt.

God bless you Doug, soon your physical pain will be over, and you will be at rest.

Matt

Well Doug passed away yesterday. I feel like i should have visited with him more than i did his last days. I hope theres good riding weather in heaven, and his pain is finally over

God bless you Doug, someday we will hang out again.

Matt

I cannot agree with your sentiments any stronger. When I was taking Bruce (RIP) to all of his doctor appointments, he had a rubber bracelet that he would not leave the house without that said Fu%K CANCER. He wore it everywhere we went. I THOUGHT at the time I was spending a lot of time with him. Now that he is gone, I wish I spent more.

Prayers sent for you and Doug's family. Don't regret the time you didn't spend with him; cherish the time that you did and be thankful that God put him in your life for a reason!

Lost one of my buds at the age of 27 to cancer..... I know how you are feeling... keep strong.

-RPM

Simple... There's no $$$ to be made in a cure. Treatment is a mutli billion $ business. Lost my father to it, have had it myself and my son's grandfather is stage 4. :sad:. Sorry for your loss, prayers sent.

I couldnt agree more with above post. How many people would be outta jobs if a cure for cancer was found??

Either way Mat, my condolensces and prayers to everyone affected.

Prayer's for all of you.
He's in GOD'S hands, unimaginable beautiful in Heaven.

Darryl

I have a pink ribbon tattoo'd in the spot my friend picked before she passed and my daughter is named for her. My grandmother succombed to cancer exactly 8 months later. The best we can do is remember and honor them. They are never gone as long as they are in our hearts!

-
Back