From South America

-

JuanGTX

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Juan from Argentina. I really don´t know if you ever heard about our only Mopar.
These are the only 2 pictures I've got on this PC. It's a 1971 Dodge GTX, yes a Dodge GTX, not a Plymouth. Under the hood it´s just as a '65 Barracuda.
It's still a project... parts are very difficult to find, and very expensive to get from de US. But, step by step I'm doing it.
She's got a 318 in her (biggest thing you can found down here). A 401 Lunati cam, Performer intake, stock heads, 600cfm holley 4bbl, and a few things more. Not much, but enough.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Welcome aboard!

Love seeing the Mopars from the around the world.

Dodge GTX A-body, huh? That's cool.

That is different! Looks kinda european in it's style. Im really into the south american mopars. If I ever find myself in the position to bring one back I might try it! Gawd,what a pain that would be...

Welcome to FABO.

That is one cool looking Dodge. It's different, but in a good way. I like it! Good luck with the project. Be sure to post lots of pics. Can't wait to see it all done up.

Wylde1.

Welcome to FABO.That certainly is an interesting GTX.Looks like a solid car.Keep the pics coming.8)

cool project! i think those argentina dodge gtx's are cool cars, i was there before and did like them! as long as its a mopar it doesnt matter where its from :p i really like the interior to. buena suerte en su proyecto :D

Mucho Kool, Juan!
I've been to Brasil (RS & SC) a lot, but never seen a GTX make it's way to my area. The only Mopars I ever see are newer & a few 1968-79 'Chargers' (which are essentially versions of the US Dart). If you ever do take it to Florianopolis or Bal. Camboriu, send me a message.

Sweet Iron! As some of the other members have said, I love seeing the SA, Mex, and Aussie iron that we never got here. Good luck with your ride!

Welcome from Canada to FABO. Tell us the wheel base of that car. Based on A-body .

Thank you everybody for the warm welcome. I hope I can help.....

Someone said something about Brazil. You won´t see these mopars over there. They were only maid for the argentinian market.
A similar mopar was sold to Spain, but only the 4 door version.

The wheel base in mm is 2810mm or I believe is 110.6 inches, o 9.2 ft. I really don´t know what unit you use for wheelbase (sorry).
The overall length of the car is 5024mm or 197.8 inches, or 16.5 ft.

These two door cars where made from 1970 untill 1979. Less than 6000 where made. All of them had the 318 LA, and from 1970 to 1972 there was a Slant Six option.

-
Back