Front Brake disc conversion on a 1967 Barracuda

-

GLBoling

Jerry
Reaction score
Final stages of restoration on my 1967 Barracuda. Much body work needed. Now would like to be able to stop the car. It now has 4-wheel manual drum brakes. Would like to upgrade front to Power disc brakes. Ideally would like to keep the 5 on 4 lug pattern, as I have wheels and tires with less than 500 miles on them. At least would like to keep 14 in tires. This is not a high performance vehicle (273 V-8, 2 bbl), so am not looking for the 11" rotor kits. Drums are 10". Respond with recommendations to usaf26ret@hotmail.com or to this thread. Thanks in Advance for your help!

Why not go with the original style Kelsey Hayes 4 piston calipers so everything bolts up properly...

If I coulf find all the parts to do this, preferably as a kit, would appreciate that info. Thanks for your response!

I used the SSBC kit on my '71 Dart GT (that had 10" drums all the way around). Very complete kit. It also gives you the option to run the small bolt pattern (5 on 4") or the large bolt pattern (5 on 4 1/2") wheels.

My car has the factory installed small bolt pattern 8 3/4" 3.23:1 sure-grip rear-end. The previous owner installed 14 X 5 1/2" Rallye wheels that I wanted to keep, so that swayed my decision to go with SSBC.

Good Luck!

I have the same car and I've been thinking about the same conversion. Check the Ram Man. He has a 5 on 4" disc conversion kit. I haven't done it yet because I've got so many other things to do first.

-
Back