[WANTED] Front Brake Drums for 1973-76 Valiant

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for two front 9-in drums in like-new condition. OR . . .

two front 10-in drums with backing plate assemblies and hubs. Possibly available after a drum to disc conversion (see next post).

Last edited:
Good luck on those! They were only made for a few months in early '73. By January '73 they were discontinued and only 10" drum and disc brakes were offered. Find someone here doing a disc brake changeover that has the 10" drum parts for sale. Easy swap as the spindles are the same. Just swap the backing plate assemblies and the hub and drums.

Good luck on those! They were only made for a few months in early '73. By January '73 they were discontinued and only 10" drum and disc brakes were offered. Find someone here doing a disc brake changeover that has the 10" drum parts for sale. Easy swap as the spindles are the same. Just swap the backing plate assemblies and the hub and drums.
Would an earlier 9-in drum fit on the '73? I had a '69 and it was considerably simpler, and lighter.

I believe I have complete assemblies from both sides off a 74 Duster. (10") I will look & get some pics. sometime tomorrow. $60 for the pair, but I'm in Pa. so I'm sure shipping will be a lot.

I believe I have complete assemblies from both sides off a 74 Duster. (10") I will look & get some pics. sometime tomorrow. $60 for the pair, but I'm in Pa. so I'm sure shipping will be a lot.
It's possible that changing from 9-in to 10-in will require a different spindle and bearing as well. Is that correct?

Will be looking for your pics! No rush.
Sorry, I forgot to get pics. to you. I DO have the drums & backing plates in my basement, I just didn't get pictures, but I will get them & send them to you later today. I have the spindles from the same car if you want them too. I'll sell them all cheap but, shipping is going to be high from N.E. Pa. to Northern Colorado.

Might check out the NY based "mobileparts123" for old new parts. Guy buys out parts stashes from old timey parts stores going out of business.

Sorry, I forgot to get pics. to you. I DO have the drums & backing plates in my basement, I just didn't get pictures, but I will get them & send them to you later today. I have the spindles from the same car if you want them too. I'll sell them all cheap but, shipping is going to be high from N.E. Pa. to Northern Colorado.
Here's what I have. It is from a 74 Duster & drums are still in pretty good shape. (Very little wear on brake surface) If you want the spindles too you can have it all for $100+ whatever the shipping will cost.

DSC01658.JPG

DSC01659.JPG

DSC01660.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back