Front Convertible Top Seal for '63 Dart

-

Jim Kueneman

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
2ACEB381-4D49-409F-9E2D-9A8E127036B2.jpeg
Does anyone know of a source for the front top seal (to top of windshield) that has the correct amount of material and the correct forming for the corner clamps? I bought the Steel Rubber seal kit and it does not have the indentation for the corner clamps and has no where near as much material in the corners.

Jim

Last edited:
I've had to pack material in the corners to build them up on my previous two convertibles. Heater hose and foam rubber might work, or blocks of silicon rubber. Not sure why the replacements are always different. Even the mopar replacement for my 90 lebaron convertible was different at the a pillar corners.

Is Steele the supplier for Layson's? If not, you might want to check with them.

Find an opening to the inner cavity of the weather-strip near the corners and see what you can stuff in there to build it up. The old trick is to get the corner at the A piller+window glass to clamp across to seal. It's a combination of adjusting the pressure of the header clamps, the forward pressure of the side seals without splitting the rubber.
I have used rubber fuel hose, blocks of silicon rubber from antenna shock mounts, and foam weather-strip from the hardware store.

-
Back