Front disc coversion problems

-
Looks just like abodyjoe's pic. Raybestos #MC36406. What's the diff between mine and MC36426?

Went through the whole bleeding process again after installing my rear proportioning valve and things feel better, but still not that great. The car stopped better with the old drums up front. Sumpin' ain't right somewhere.

Does the pedal not feel right or the braking? Remember, new pads and rotors need bedded in.

I had a very similar problem on my Duster. The pedal just would not get that "solid" feeling.

Someone suggested I replace ALL of the old brake fluid since it is notorious for collecting water over time.

Once I got every drop of old fluid out and new fluid from a freshly opened quart bottle in, the pedal was amazing.

Well, FINALLY got a decent pedal. Bled and bled after installing and adjusting a rear prop. valve and the pedal feels ok now. Not rock hard but ok. Stops ok too.

Now, my dash brake light is on. Everything ok.....I;m guessing it's something with the distribution block throwing the switch on. It's not the e- brake switch. Already checked that.

Any ideas?

Well, FINALLY got a decent pedal. Bled and bled after installing and adjusting a rear prop. valve and the pedal feels ok now. Not rock hard but ok. Stops ok too.

Now, my dash brake light is on. Everything ok.....I;m guessing it's something with the distribution block throwing the switch on. It's not the e- brake switch. Already checked that.

Any ideas?
Yep the valve has a switch to warn of fluid loss front or rear. there is a way to get it centered again. Should be details in a service manual.

-
Back