Front end rebuild....buy new or rebuild?

-
oh yes they did. My Dad had a 76 Feather duster, had 9" drum brakes all the way around. and 4" bolt pattern. manual brakes to boot, no power booster. /6, 3 speed on the floor, manual steering even.
I have (had?) a book of all the TSBs for 1976 and if I'm remembering right there was something about front disc being mandatory after 1/1/76, by law... but the early production 76s could (and some still were!) 4 wheel drum equipped up until then. There was a service bulletin that spelled out all of that info... .
I remember that car quite well as Dad bought it when I was 13, as a "work car" for a few years til I got my license, was supposed to be my 1st car. My brother wrecked his 74 Charger and needed a car "like yesterday" at that point to get to work so he got it instead. Im still pissed.... Guess who had to do all the work on it while my brother owned that car?? Yup. ME.
I know they had drum brakes in '76. mine does (build date 11/75)....yes, federal law mandated discs on all cars built after 1/1/76. I have the original window sticker for my car (I'm the 2nd owner), the only options on it are the 4 speed OD transmission and fold down rear seat, and a dealer installed cigarette lighter. manual steering/brakes and 10" front drums/9" rear standard.

-
Back