Front End Swaps

-

Alex TurboK

Reaction score
Hey guys, im new in this A Body world, i would love to have a 70-72 Duster or a 72 Demon, here in Mexico the more common car is the Valiant Duster (a mix of the Dart Sport and Duster)
I was wondering if there is a way (i really hope there is) to swap the bumper, fenders and hood of a 70s Dart Swinger and put it on a Duster
Do i have to swap anything else?

I also have another question, is there a way to fit the 1969 Barracuda Gauge Cluster on a 70-76 Duster/Dart?

I really hope to get some help from you guys!

Dart Swinger.jpg

Valiant Duster.jpg

barracuda cluster.jpeg

Fenders, hood, bumper and bumper brackets, front valance, hood latch support panel, grille and headlight surrounds.

Basically, if it’s ahead of the firewall and doors and it unbolts you need it to complete a front clip swap. If you go ‘74 or later there’s the possibility of having to deal with the shock mounted bumpers, not sure if those were a thing in Mexico though.

The easiest way to swap the gauge cluster is to get an entire dash panel out of the earlier car. For a ‘69 rallye gauge cluster I believe you can use any rallye dash panel ‘67-71, however, there are some year by year changes. ‘67 had different hinges on the glove box, ‘68 had the lower dash pad, different radios for a few years. None of those things are insurmountable, but if you want it to be perfect it would have to be a ‘69 dash panel.

My ‘74 Duster before and after it’s ‘71 Dart front clip swap

IMG_9945.jpeg

IMG_1717.jpeg

Fenders, hood, bumper and bumper brackets, front valance, hood latch support panel, grille and headlight surrounds.

Basically, if it’s ahead of the firewall and doors and it unbolts you need it to complete a front clip swap. If you go ‘74 or later there’s the possibility of having to deal with the shock mounted bumpers, not sure if those were a thing in Mexico though.

The easiest way to swap the gauge cluster is to get an entire dash panel out of the earlier car. For a ‘69 rallye gauge cluster I believe you can use any rallye dash panel ‘67-71, however, there are some year by year changes. ‘67 had different hinges on the glove box, ‘68 had the lower dash pad, different radios for a few years. None of those things are insurmountable, but if you want it to be perfect it would have to be a ‘69 dash panel.

My ‘74 Duster before and after it’s ‘71 Dart front clip swap

View attachment 1716312595

View attachment 1716312596
Are you ever gonna paint that junk, or are you just gonna keep the Super Stock Demon look? lol

Are you ever gonna paint that junk, or are you just gonna keep the Super Stock Demon look? lol

Ah I dunno Rob, it’s coming up on 10 years now that it’s been black and tan.

So I mean yeah, I do intend to paint it at some point but I wouldn’t expect anybody to believe me if I said I was gonna do it soon! lol!

IMG_7666.jpeg

Ah I dunno Rob, it’s coming up on 10 years now that it’s been black and tan.

So I mean yeah, I do intend to paint it at some point but I wouldn’t expect anybody to believe me if I said I was gonna do it soon! lol!

View attachment 1716312612
When you finally do it, it won't look right. LOL

When you finally do it, it won't look right. LOL

Lol! Yeah I’ll have to make sure it stands out from all the other black Demons and Dusters on here. I’ve got a couple ideas to make it stand out a little bit. Might even piss off some Mopar purists looking for hard to find trim pieces in the process…

-
Back