Front Suspension kits, what to get.......

-

jfive

Reaction score
EDIT: 1970 Dart Swinger 318 Drum Brakes

ok so i am deciding to redo the front suspension "consumables" ie, all the rubber and bushings possible. i know that i need the strut bar bushings as i do not even have them on one side, but i see several kits online at different places, CI, Summit, Jegs, PST. So my question is what do i need to get to freshen up the front end? seems all the kits have 1 or 2 things different in them or include a bushing the others do not. some even showed ball joints in the kit and not the others. i want to drive the car a few times a week to work and such not looking for performance parts or track requirements. does anyone have any recommendations on a kit or a list of all the parts i will need to make sure o get them ordered. also, i measured my sway bar with a caliper and i get 3/4 inch, but all the bushings i see are 7/8 or 15/16, so have i measured wrong?

and as always thanks for helping!!

Last edited:
Two things that don't normally come in kits are the pitman arm and idler arm.

PST standard kit is weird because it doesn't come with inner tie rods. I really don't understand why they do that.

Thanks for recommendation. We have everything needed to do this. However, we're not a lowest bidder type of company. We are working on adding rebuild kits of different combinations to the site. We offer Proforged components for almost all ball joints. These are the nicest parts available now. We have real experience and knowledge of these cars. All components we make are designed by us and made in NC.

i do appreciate the help i have reached out to Bergman and we are working to get the parts i need.
the next question is, does anyone recommend a shop or individual around my area, zip code 35620, that is familiar with these things that i can have help me or will do it for a reasonable price??

-
Back