Front tires bow outward slightly

-

72DartCustom

Reaction score
I have a 72 dodge dart and I noticed when I first got the car the problem didnt exist. both the drivers side and passenger side front tires bow out slightly creating excessive wear on the inside of the tread of both tires. I know the entire front end probably needs to be rebuilt, but what causes this so I can just fix the problem for now since its my daily driver. is there something I can adjust? I also noticed that the passenger front tire bottoms out easily and isnt as firm of a ride as the drivers side, it has an extra flop I guess you can say lol Torsion bars are worn out?

thanks

It sounds like your upper control arm bushings could be worn out.Jack it up,pull the wheels and have a lookie-see.While you have the wheels of,check your lower control arm bushings and strut bushings.All 3 of these places have rubber bushings that wear out,dry up and crack.good luck.

alright, ill have a look see as soon as I have the time to do it. will it hurt to continue to drive it that way for now?

alright, ill have a look see as soon as I have the time to do it. will it hurt to continue to drive it that way for now?

Yeah you'll be alright but the tires will suffer. I would recommend start thinking about a complete front end rebuild in the near future. If you replace parts here then there it would have been cheaper and better just to have the entire front end rebuilt.

yeah, ive priced kits at over $500. is there a kit out there that is somewhat cheaper and is of good quality? ive yet to find one that way. thats why I was thinking of replacing the bushings in sections so it wont be a whole lot of money at one time. I was thinking of going with polyurethane bushings, since ive been told there better than the standard rubber, but I hear there squeaky.

-
Back