[SOLD] FS: Twin Hood Scoop Templates for 70-71 Dart/Demon

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saetun,
I am not sure. If the bracing underneath the hood is the same then it could possably work. But I'd have to see. If you have some pics showing the 4 holes in the bracing towards the rear. I could compare it to the straight hood of the 71 Dart Demon. Also what does the top have ie any ridges or such where the scoops would go. If everything is flat in the areas where the scoops would mount and the bracing looks identical it should work. My only concern is how the scoops will lay flat on the surface. I'll send a separate IM to you with my email. Don't want the big eye's above to get mad for placing an email address here.
TAZZ

Sent you a Message as well. Do you have anymore templates? Also where do you recommend getting the scoops from? Thanks

Just curious . . . what is everyone using to protect the exposed metal after drilling and cutting? Thanks!

PopDart,
I used Eastwoods Rust Encapsulator. I used a model brush. In the 4th picture you can see a little bit of a black ring around the holes. The scoop covers it up so you can't see it.
Tazz

Thaks to everyone that has purchaced a template. If you have installed your scoops place some picts so everyone can see your well done job.
I have 8 more templates left for sale. Again $30.00 shipped to lower 48. Canada PM for a price quote your shipping is higher.

Thanks Taz. This turnt a 2 hour job into 10 minutes!! Time to finish the body work and get her painted. Thanks again!!

Attachments

• IMG00297-20110421-1921.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG00298-20110421-1922.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 428
Stokey,
Thanks for posting pictures of your finished product. They look great. Glad this was able to save you some time. Good luck with the rest opf the body work.
TAZZ

Mad Mopar,
Sent out your template on Saturday. You should receive it within 6-10 days depending on the postal strike going on.
Please PM me when you receive template.
TAZZ

340 wedge 1971,
If you look at the hood bracing, you will see that their is a arch cut out in it. This is the location for large air hole. Also if it did go back any father it would be right in the middle of the bracing for the hood and weaken the hood. Hope this helps.
TAZZ
Click on the finish drilling 2 section to see picture.

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/tazldazl/5258362698/sizes/m/in/set-72157625591197740/"]All sizes | Finished drilling 2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5241/5258362698_0485139427_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@5258362698@@AMEPARAM@@0485139427[/ame]

Taz,
Got any left?? Have these two scoops painted white and waiting to be fitted to my hood. Just scared s%#tless about drilling into this finished hood of mine. On a seperate note I really need the studs for the scoops. Any clue as to where I could get a set? Thanks!!
Chas.

Attachments

• new car pics 015.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 394
  • new car pics 046.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 402
Chas,
Some white scoops will definatley stand out on your car. Your car looks great BTW.
Yes I do still have some templates left. I like you were also scared about drilling into a perfectly good hood. But I have found out that with the template it does make it easy and as long as you take your time and double check your marks, their should be no problems. I have sold over a dozen of these and haven't heard of any problems just great reviews about the install being easy and fast. I have a step by step process that comes with each template and again this is only a guide but it seem to be working. One thing I tell everybody about the stud holes is that they were very big from the factory. They are 1/2" & 3/8". The studs on the scoops are under a 1/4" so their is room for a little error. Also I show how to make sure that your studs match up to my template and if not how to fix it. I have only seen one hood scoop from an aftermarket or either home made that only had 4 studs. But most match right up.
About the stud kits Year One sells them and I see them every once in a while on Ebay. We have a store located here locally that carries all kinds of bolts studs ect for things like this. I have used them many times for other car items like clips, terminals and other misc. stuff. Check you yellow pages for something that handles fasteners or just hardware. Take your scoop down and find a stud that will fit. The stud only has to protrude about an 1/2" out the bottom.
If you should have any other questions PM me with your number and I will call you.
TAZZ

hey just so everyone knows, the templates Taz made are spot on. I laid it out on the hood and everything lined up easily. the scoops sat exactly where his holes were drawn. All i had to do was drill them out. Take your time w the circles. I used a jigsaw blade.

well worth the money and saved me tons of time in measurements.
thanks so much TAZ. will get you pics up soon.

Keni

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back