fuel flow issues?

-

dirty white boy

50 yr old Juvenal delinquent
Reaction score
one my 2nd fuel pump in 2 weeks on this D150 and still having stuck needle jet issues,..figured i had rust and trash in tank and went to look about dropping it and its plastic, would it still be subject to rust?? is it worth pulling to be sure or move on to replacing rubber lines and assume there coming apart in side causing my issues?? slantsixdan????

Last edited:
one my 2nd fuel pump in 2 weeks and still having stuck needle jet issues,..figured i had rust and trash in tank and went to look about dropping it and its plastic, would it still be subject to rust?? is it worth pulling to be sure or move on to replacing rubber lines and assume there coming apart in side causing my issues?? slantsixdan????

Any steel or rubber line in the system is susceptible to rust and disintegration.
You also might change the needle and seat just in case.

A generic thought is that if it is junk getting in the needle and seat it almost has to be coming from the line between the filter and carb.

Check the fuel pressure.If it is too high, it can push the needle off the seat. I read recently about a couple of fuel pumps with the wrong spring in them causing a flooding issue. Might or might not bee the problem, but easy to check.

I replaced my original rubber fuel lines in my 64 with new fuel injection rated hoses because today's fuel supposedly eats up the old ones and new hoses resist that.
If you're worried about the short steel line between the filter and carb, get rid of everything after the fuel pump by doing SSD's fuel line mod which also helps with fuel percolation. He posts a link to it at least every other day. I had a perfect set of fuel lines from pump to carb and ran them for awhile. It pained me to put them on the shelf because they were so nice but......I did the mod to ensure reliability with today's gas. It really sucks running that @#%$* in an old car.

29939388_10155440102921512_1172839568_n.jpg

well that was alot more fun than it shoulda been!! efi fuel line filters and hose clamps, see if i can get it back together now!!

all the rubber lines still had factory clamps so its all OME and rotton! came apart in my hands for i could get clamps lose!! tapped end of fuel filter on a paper towel and lil black spects of dead rubber!! bunch of them, smaller than a pin head! other than sock peaces tank apperd pretty clean!

ant been burning the road up but 2 weeks of no issues!!! no sticking needle valve no flooding no flow issues! do git a fummy wiff of gas smell in window erry now and then like its running rich, so will be tuneing on it now it runs consistent nuff to get a good plug read! looking at the gm module upgrade and deleting catalytic from exhaust

-
Back