Funny Posting Found Somewhere Else

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
So tonight I was searching for information on rechroming my bumpers. In my search I came across a posting on chevy site the guy said "If you have to ask how much you can't afford to restore a car". I thought if that were true then I would definitely be outta the game and I gotta tell ya I want to FILL my stables. Does anyone else agree with this guys statement or do you think if you have the passion you can do it?

I have heard that said about private jet ownership, but it doesn't apply here. "Restoring" is a subjective term, and means something different to everyone. I am restoring this Barracuda; it is going to take me years. But it is fun, I learn every day, I put 10-20 hours a week into it, and have a monthly budget that I just work within as I can. I know what I can afford to spend on it, so the parts I want get pushed out to fit the budget.

Basically, I don't agree. Of course, if you don't know what it might cost and didn't ask, that would be what is commonly called an idiot.

I totally agree I am having an absolute blast rebuilding my 65 Cuda with a slant six. I am not to comfortable under the hood but there is lotsa I am comfortable with and trying.

-
Back