fusible link question

-

green75dart

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm redoing some hacked wiring on my 75 dart and was wondering if there is supposed to be a fusible link from battery + direct to the starter relay stud on the firewall. I see the wires from there have fusible links, like to the bulkhead connector. I just couldn't find a for sure answer from the battery to firewall stud. Thanks

1000004912.jpg

Going by this diagram I don't see where there is a fusible link from battery to starter relay.

Hey all, I'm redoing some hacked wiring on my 75 dart and was wondering if there is supposed to be a fusible link from battery + direct to the starter relay stud on the firewall. I see the wires from there have fusible links, like to the bulkhead connector. I just couldn't find a for sure answer from the battery to firewall stud. Thanks

No

Agree.
There is a small chance your '75 has a heavy duty wiring arrangement that has a fusible link in that location. Such an arrangement is shown in an earlier service manual for b-bodies to protect the 8 gage wires There will then be a second fusible link to protect the 12 gage wires.

1975 can be a little confusing. A standard '75 has one 16 gage fusible link between the junction on the starter relay and the firewall connector. It has a second fusible link on the branch from the alterator output wire to the key switch.
1711459413190.png

If the car was equiped with heavy duty alternator and/or rear window defroster grid, then its a bit different and you may find a fusible link attached at the starter relay. It still protects the segment going to the firewall, but instead of going to the multiconnector the next segment goes through a grommet.

Some photos of '75 and more wiring diagram info in this thread

Ok I think it's figured out then. No hd wiring, no rear defrost. I do have fusible link on the alternator branch circuit and from the relay junction on the firewall just like your picture. So it looks like that portion is still stock for the most part. I have it exactly as your diagram right now with new wires and fusible links so I'll roll with that. Thanks for all the help!

-
Back