Gas Pedal Disconnect

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
My question is how do you release the gas pedal from the floor board? I have looked around the hinge and I see there is a pin but I can not see any way to release it. I see the bolt at the top that ties it to the Carburetor Push Rod. Any help would be awesome the service manual as far as I can see does not address this.

I assume you are talking about your Cuda??

If so,
three studs on the firewall inside the engine bay between the column and the trans tunnel. Remove the three nuts and your done.

Maybe I am am just blind but I don't see any studs. I don't have a pic at the moment but let me try and describe the pedal. It appears to be on a hinge connected at the floor board. I don't see a bolt or screw that the hinge attaches with. There is a pin that goes through the floor hinge and two loops on the pedal. The top of the pedal has a metal rod that attaches through a locking stud like on a car battery terminal to the push rod that connects to the carburetor.

This help? Nuts are on the bottom

i5rmkl.jpg

That helps thank you. For some reason I can not contort my body to see those studs and I guess I just could not feel them.

So while I have this all off I might as well replace the pedal covers. Any ideas where to find them? I just spoke to justmopar Fran Bishop he does not have the gas pedal.

The pedal is all one piece with the rubber so you'd have to replace the whole pedal if yours is bad. The 6 and 8 (linkage and cable) pedal are different but they both bolt through the floor in the same place.

-
Back