Gasket recommendations?

-

cruiser

Reaction score
Gentlemen: Who makes the best gaskets for the slant six? I'm looking for two: The intake/exhaust manifold-to-cylinder head gasket, and the metal gasket between the intake and exhaust beneath the carb. What do you recommend? Cost is no object. Thanks.

I like the Remflex too but word of warning. They are VERY fragile and they almost always cannot be reused. They seal great.

I like the Remflex too but word of warning. They are VERY fragile and they almost always cannot be reused. They seal great.
same same. i love the remflex but it's very kid gloves approach with those.

i have about a 85% success rate with felpro and victor reinz stuff. and it's always the damn manifold sandwich one that leaks. mmmrrrppphhh!

i have about a 85% success rate with felpro and victor reinz stuff. and it's always the damn manifold sandwich one that leaks. mmmrrrppphhh!
How did you determine that the manifold sandwich one was leaking? Thanks.

Thanks, Rusty. When you install the Reflex gaskets (both the intake/exhaust manifold gasket, and the one under the carb) on a slant six, do you put them in dry or do you use any gasket cement on them? If so, what do you use? Thanks.

Thanks, Rusty. When you install the Reflex gaskets (both the intake/exhaust manifold gasket, and the one under the carb) on a slant six, do you put them in dry or do you use any gasket cement on them? If so, what do you use? Thanks.
They install dry. They are thick and compress well, which lends them to being able to seal surfaces that are not very smooth. Like rusted exhaust manifolds.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a "manifold sandwich gasket"?

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a "manifold sandwich gasket"?
the gasket that goes betwixt the intake and exhaust where they meet under the carb.

the technical term is "riser gasket" (i had to look it up).

I'm using a Remflex exhaust flange gasket and was quite impressed. IIRC, the manifold gasket I'm using now is a Felpro, and I don't have any complaints, but the Remflex looks even better. Not using a riser gasket myself.

You would hear that if the manifold sandwich gasket was leaking. Exhaust leak. No vacuum at that junction.

-
Back