Gen 3 Hemi dual plane.

-

hemijoejr

Reaction score
The first Gen 3 Hemi long runner dual plane intake will be available in a few months. This is a pic of the prototype. It will be available for early 5.7L and eagle 5.7L, 6.1L, 6.4L applications. Will be available for carb or EFI installs. It was initially designed for the restomod market but may have other applications after testing.
Pricing-- TBD
Availability-- dyno testing in July. The manifold should be available late August.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,766
Thats great work Joe! A much needed option for us old school 'tooners'..

The fact that it will cleaar a factory hood is a big benefit and so is the Dual Plane configuration....no more crap signal issues.

I love the design! Looks promising! I was wondering you said it will be available for EFI. will there be a different casting for the EFI intake? The reason I am asking is I don't see any bosses for mounting the fuel rails. the injector bosses look a bit little. Do you plan to use factory style injectors?

Yes, the bosses look small but are ample for factory type injectors. I will also have a DBW throttle body adapter available if you wish to run a Hotwire harness and factory PCM with a Nag1 or 545rfe. Fuel rail bosses will attach through the intake manifold hold down bolts. I am waiting until the CNC program is written to design the hold downs for the rails. This is a pic of the as cast intake on my Dyno mule/Display engine.

Attachments

• IMG_0661[1].jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,799
any updates on approximate availability yet? I need one along with those vale covers and coil relocation kit lol

Thank You for your interest. Carbureted intakes are coming first. Pricing will be available within the next week and the first run of 30 intakes should have availability in September. I am installing one on my Cuda with the current engine this week. I will post pictures of the install when I complete it. The EFI intakes will be a few weeks behind the carb intakes. The valve covers and coil relocation are taking a back seat to getting the intakes out. Thanks Again!! Joe

when do we see flow sheets, or dyno numbers, how will anyone know this is worth the effort? the biggest best intake company in the world, only offers a 2 carb version of a duel plane intake...why? it sure looks like it works. but how do we know for sure?

Slow down mcat, it hasn't been released yet. Flow numbers are irrelevant because having "flow" doesn't mean that it works. Things take time and I'm not a Rockefeller. I have an unported version going on my car his weekend for testing. MPH at the track doesn't lie. With the worked eddy dual quad on my car I ran 116mph and with the Hogan cross ram I ran 119-120mph. I expect this to intake to be a minimum of 116mph. I have Dave Weber from MMPG lined up for EFI testing on his 06 magnum that was converted to a 392 shortly. I am also trying to get a super mild 5.7L into my fathers 67 Coronet convertible and put it on the chassis dyno to do some comparison runs. Most if not all of the testing will be done by the time that they will be available for sale.

Thank You for your interest. Carbureted intakes are coming first. Pricing will be available within the next week and the first run of 30 intakes should have availability in September. I am installing one on my Cuda with the current engine this week. I will post pictures of the install when I complete it. The EFI intakes will be a few weeks behind the carb intakes. The valve covers and coil relocation are taking a back seat to getting the intakes out. Thanks Again!! Joe
so a run of 30 is being made with no testing? plus flow numbers do matter if the air cavitates and only moves say150 cfm per runner, thats an issue. I AM 100 PERCENT rooting for you. i hope they work.and i hope you sell a million of them. with that being said no way no how will i buy one until testing has been done and numbers have been released. i will even let you use my turbo 5.7 for testing N/A or boost

Thank you for the words of encouragement and interest mcat. I will keep everyone posted on my testing and intakes should availability in early September. Thanks, Joe

Stock 6.1L intake is 12" +- .25" short side, and 15" +- .25" long side with an average runner length of 13.5" +-.25" My intake has a runner length of 7" - 7.5" on all runners. I don't catch the same pressure wave as the the stock 6.1L intake but it is a tuned length runner in a performance RPM band. I can give a few more specifics when I get home tonight.

A 5.7L hemi has a median port length of 4.380" +-.050". All of the other heads are close to this number as well. All that really happens is the ports size and shape changes but the centerline stays very close. This is the length of the port from the entrance to the back of the intake valve seat in the head. It will vary slightly and is dependent on a few variables but won't change too much. My intake runners have a median length between 7" and 7.5" long. Due to layout and package they are as close as they can be. So the total runner length is between 11.38" and 11.88". Again dependent on some variables that can't be controlled. If you run a comp 268H-13, installed at 113 deg and apply the sonic ram theory with the cam timing and port length, it comes out to 11.513" to be on time for the 4th pulse. Now there is more that goes along with this to make it work like cross sectional aria and ETC, ETC. but I like to think that I am on the right track until proven wrong.

I'm wondering when this comes out, and the results are promising, If one of the intake company's will try to design one after the fact!

I have seen this intake in person at Carlisle. It looks like a good design. I'm really hoping for good results!

Me too gentlemen, time will tell. I hope if someone tries to rip me off, it atleast takes a while. It takes a lot to do something like this. Anyway, again I will keep you all posted,

Hemijoejr,

Base on the discussion it sounds like you've sharpened your pencil.

I look forward to seeing the results. based upon the very compromised design of the mod man I am fairly confident that you'll trounce it in the the torque department.

Thanks for your effort.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Joe, congrats on your car being featured in the new Mopar Action. Nice to see more pics and hear more background about your car with you and your dad's involvement. Can't wait to hear more about your next engine too.

Thank You Cuda SRT8! I haven't seen it yet. I let my subscription lapse. As soon as it's in stores I will grab a copy.

It's a nice article and the car looks great, but, I think you should have snuck in a few comments about how you're about to start testing a nice dual plane (that you've developed) on the car. Oh, and then "it will be in stores everywhere real soon!" lolol

-
Back