General Lee

-

dazednfla1

Reaction score
Dropped my Dart off at a friends shop this morning to have some work done on it and this was in his garage. It was in decent shape with a few rust bubbles and a pretty good crease on the drivers side (maybe from rubbing doors with Rosco). It had a really nice looking 440 under the hood. Yeeeeeeeeeeeee Haw!!!!!

Attachments

• gg.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 417
That is a pretty good crease down the side.

anything and everything with a wheel on it has been turned into a general lee by someone, even camaros

even though its been done to death (and it has) I will always like seeing a General Lee.. I was like 10 when that show came out.. I never missed an episode.. I believe my love of Mopars started with that car.. So far I have seen great clones, terrible clones, clones that made no sense (let me tell you, a 72 Charger does NOT make a good General) and once at Carlisle I had my pic taken beside an actual documented General from the original series.. The last General I really got into, was the one done for Kenny Wayne Shepard, on the show Rides.. the 'Extreme Lee' ...

Me and the family went to Hazzard Comes To Galax this past Sat, June 2nd. Several nice GL's. You can see the jump on YouTube, "general lee jump in Galax, june 2nd 2012". He crashed into the Polara on his warm up run!

even though its been done to death (and it has) I will always like seeing a General Lee.. I was like 10 when that show came out.. I never missed an episode.. I believe my love of Mopars started with that car.. So far I have seen great clones, terrible clones, clones that made no sense (let me tell you, a 72 Charger does NOT make a good General) and once at Carlisle I had my pic taken beside an actual documented General from the original series.. The last General I really got into, was the one done for Kenny Wayne Shepard, on the show Rides.. the 'Extreme Lee' ...

I agree. It was one of my favorite shows as a kid, along with C.H.I.P.'s. I still always love seeing an actual 69 Charger General. Bubba Watson is from the town a few miles from here and I've heard he has an actual General Lee from the show. I'm sure with his Master's winnings and his redneck side it's true.

I despises General Lee clones, LOL

Me too.

One show destroyed more 68-70 chargers and other mopars than just about any single group and it's lauded as a great icon by some in the mopar community.

I think I'm gonna crush my 340 cars in the GL's honor... I'll only have about 100 more to go in order to catch up.

Here's a youtube video of Bubba and the General Lee. It was the one from episode #1 that he bought.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5_30wv5h0s"]Positive Side - Carl Edwards & Bubba Watson - General Lee - YouTube[/ame]

My all time favorite aftermarket wheels are on the General Lee.

A really good buddy of mine in Fort McMurray Alberta has a clone with a 478ci HEMI that made 745hp @ 7000... Nice street car to cruise down to A&We with.. 4 speed too.

This is the one from my town.

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/general_lee_vw_bug/5818738119/in/photostream/"]General Lee VW | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

There is an actual TV show car in Fayetteville NC that runs around there. You can see where it was wrecked and the driver side inner fender is cut and welded horribly back together still. But it is an actual survivor of the show so that speaks volumes for the car. It looks really good minus the iner fender but there is no telling what else is covered up by shiny paint.

Well, they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...
C

-
Back