Get You A Allison Aircraft Engine LOL

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Check this out! This is an ad from 1947. I wouldda had to get several. lol
ALLISON.jpg

It might be "about done" but there is/ was one lonely piston UH out there and sometimes, she didn't look too bad. Twin turbos

I hate the sound of kirby vacuums and love the sound of V12's

Not long ago she made enough power to spit the prob and part of the shaft right out of the boat!!

.........At 5:27

prop.jpg

Last edited:
And of course in tractor pulling. THese guys own them all.

Marine applications is the best bet. Those folks have $$. And are crazy.

At this point, I doubt I can afford to do an oil change on her, I'm guessing it's a little more then 5 qaurt ?

We used to go watch the UH boats when they came to Texas many years ago. When they brought in the "hair dryers", we quit going. Of course the the Allisons are probably harder to find these days, not to mention finding parts for them. There used to be one of the boats down in Seabrook, TX many years ago (at least 50), and the warehouse it was stored in had a plethora of parts that included anything they needed to build one. The owner told me he had 10 complete backup engines at the ready. The warehouse is long since gone and no one can tell me what happened to the boat or anything that was stored there.

When I was a pup many outlaw tractor pullers used these, Jack Goulder from Hooper Nebraska was a local guru who was a ace on them

-
Back