gettin a weird jones for a 77 dodge tradesman 200 van

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
Im getting this jones for a mid 70s dodge tradesman van. A 200 series half ton. Complete with fender flares cragar S/S wheels, zoomies, and port hole windows in the back. Not sure of the color, or interior layout. Dont like the taillights on the 78 up models.

If i sold my 94 chevy pickup, and my 08 chevy HHR this could be a possibility.

Any ideas

I had one that I customized back in the late 70's early 80's and I loved it. I had an open door policy for good lookin' girls in bikinis at Daytona Beach. :D

OK, I'll bite. Never heard of a "weird jones" ????

Great vehicle, but they're getting pretty rare. Very few of them seem to be on the road anymore. I keep my eyes open for them because I own a '77 B200 Sportsman Royal SE camper conversion (picture attached). I think people tend to junk them because they have little value in the used car market and sometimes the ones for sale need a lot of repair.

Attachments

• jeeves.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 325
I have been watching for a nice 74 era 100 for 5 years. Want wide tires side pipes and tunes when i,m done with it. All i,ve see is rusty junk.

I thought the 200 was a 3/4 ton?

Just wait 'till you have replace a timing chain on one. Half metric, half SAE and zero room. Been there, done that.

Rusty wrote: "I thought the 200 was a 3/4 ton?"

I'm reading from the 1977 FSM here. It says that the B200 came in two different wheelbases; 109 or 127 inches, and in gross vehicle weight ratings of 5500 or 6100 lbs. From this I conclude that the B200 came in both 1/2 and 3/4-ton varieties. Isn't that what the GVWRs are saying? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ramcharger wrote: "Just wait 'till you have replace a timing chain on one."

Just resign yourself to having to remove the grille, A/C condenser, radiator, fan and shroud. Then you have quite good access to the front of the engine. You can get pretty fast at removing these front-end components after you have done it a few times! (Of course, access to the top and rear of the engine is excellent with the hatch cover removed.) And everything is SAE on an early B-van.

I thought the 200 was a 3/4 ton?

On the early vans i believebelieve the numbers were for the length of the van not the tonnage tho i could be wrong. On a 100 series the side door was right next the the passenger front door with only a pillar dividing them. The 200 series there was a side wall panel about afoot long between these doors insted of just a pillar. The 300 series had this side wall, and the back was extended an additional 1.5 feet. The 300 series was called a maxivan.

If you look at the second pic in this thread you will see a small window behind the drivers door. This is that one foot space before the main windows making this sportsman wagon a 200.

Hope that helps
Matt

I purchased a '76 B200 tradesman (318/727/9-3/4) new in June of 1976. It was a 127" wheel base with barn doors all around, a long list of mechanical options, and it was quote probably one of the most efficient, and most reliable vehicles I've ever owned.

-
Back