Getting a new toolbox for my home shop

-

amoparlady

Reaction score
Getting a new toolbox for my toolbox for my home shop.Getting an US General 3 with a top box and side cabinet which is on order.Needed it,working out of 3 small toolboxes which are cheapos ready to fall apart.Went to the local Harbor Freight to check them out.Husband was with me and he is talking getting one now for him.I am going to like it.

I worked out of their 200 buck 5 drawer tool cart for years working maintenance in a steel shop. Only issue was the struts for the lid went out. I out grew it long before I upgraded to a larger Sunex cart. I liked the US General better it was just too small and I got a deal on the Sunex. Fast forward about 7 years and I'm back at the same company and just purchased the last 56" series 2 they had at our local store. Seems to be a very solid box. I also have an old US General 44"? top and bottom at home. It's been fine as well. Only issue I have is the detents for the drawers are weak. Most of them seem to get that way over time.

The newer US General tool boxes are built as well as some of the high end boxes in my opinion. As soon as I have enough room to get one into my storage area, I plan to buy one. Unfortunately, the wife said "No tool boxes in the house". I have no problem with that because she very rarely puts any restrictions on my hobby.

You’re gonna like the tool box, they really are pretty good deal.
A couple friends of mine have the 72 inch I ordered which I checked out.I looked at the Icon,did not impress me at all and the price.I checked out the Craftsman at Lowe's,too flimsy.Home Depot,did not like the selection of the Husky toolboxes.

-
Back