Getting a new transmission

-

dazednfla1

Reaction score
My Dart I got last month is in the shop right now. The guy I bought it from said the current transmission was from a 95 Ram truck. I took it to a local shop to have them look it over and fix a couple of leaks. Just as I feared the old owner did a horrible job putting it in. I decided to just have them put in a newly rebuilt 727 transmission. I can't wait to get it back because my hood scoops came in the mail yesterday. Next on my list is a steering column, steering wheel, door locks, classic radio, and thinking about a vinyl top. I've realized just how hard it is to find parts for these cars!

a 1995 dodge ram trans would be a 46RH....overdrive with a lock up converter. That trans also requires modification to the floor of the car and redesigning the transmission mounts...

So you might want to take a second look...

a 1995 dodge ram trans would be a 46RH....overdrive with a lock up converter. That trans also requires modification to the floor of the car and redesigning the transmission mounts...

So you might want to take a second look...

That was the problem, their modifications were what you'd expect from a couple people who had no idea what they were doing. There was no OD since the trans has an electric OD and the trans mounts were redesigned, if you could call it that, and the bolts were cross threaded.
I'm having it all put back to as close to stock as it can be with the 727.

-
Back