Getting started

-

xempirex

Reaction score
So I finally got started on the tear down on the Valiant. Started with the interior. Got the seats, carpet, and door panels out. No floor rust except for where the A/C would leak into the passenger floor board and that appears to be on the surface. Metal is strong. With that said, what is the best way to get rid of it. I need to get a sander for the body work but I am not sure what to get. Suggestions? Pics will come later.
And BTW, the vinyl top is soooooo gone.

lots off stuff you can do start with a wire wheel and or sand blaster treat the metal with some rust inhibitor and then por 15 that bad boy up sand blaster is the best way to go in my own opinion but a wire wheel on a drill/90 will work good to just make sure you get all the rust up and do it right the first time so your floors dont look like this

Attachments

• 008 (Copy).JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 100
Luckily my floors are good. I just need to get them cleaned up and protected.
Are there any alternatives to Dynamat? That stuff is crazy expensive.

Luckily my floors are good. I just need to get them cleaned up and protected.
Are there any alternatives to Dynamat? That stuff is crazy expensive.

Ya I think dustermaniac did somthing with home depot/lowes stuff and his came out looking good I am sure somone will chime in

I already have my plan for redoing the door panels and the speaker tray in the back but I need something decent under the carpet.

-
Back