Good Bye Flowmasters!

-

71duster06

Reaction score
I'm finally replacing my entire exhaust system. I had 2 1/4" stainless pipes with super 40 flowmasters through stock tips. Well last year i got sick and tired of the flowmasters. Every old car has them so i wanted something new and different. I bought a full 2 1/2" x-pipe system with cutouts through race mufflers (dynomax ultra flow welded) through big bore (factory style)tips. Best decision of my life. I finally have something that sounds more unique and the sound itself is much better. Well theres my 2 min. of bragging.

I hear ya!

We would really really like to hear it. I'm been thinking of changing out my Flowmasters for the Ultra Flo welded for a while now. I already have the X.

Does it have a deeper tone? I know the X more than likely quieten it down some.... it did mine.

Over here we've been wanting a good sound clip of the Ultras.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=51632

hey man would you mind telling us what part number of ultra flows you got? there is so many different ones, its nice to know if they are round case, race muffs, etc....also, what was louder, the flows or the ultra flows? i hope you opted for the nice stainless steel ones

Best thing you ever did was dump the flow masters. You could have put tomato cans on there and found better everything over the flowmasters.

mshred, what ever style of pipe configuration (In and out locations on the muffler) you want is available and in pipe sizes that you need from 2-1/4 to 4 inch.

Best thing you ever did was dump the flow masters. You could have put tomato cans on there and found better everything over the flowmasters.

mshred, what ever style of pipe configuration (In and out locations on the muffler) you want is available and in pipe sizes that you need from 2-1/4 to 4 inch.

hey rumblefish, i was more concerned of the length and shape of the case...I know that the oval short length cases are louder and racier sounding, so i was wondering which ones he went with to determine how he thinks they sound and if they are louder or quieter than the chokemasters

Good mention, case length can play a major roll in the reduction of headaches.
I had the Hooker version of those mufflers and I did like them a bit.

Good mention, case length can play a major roll in the reduction of headaches.
I had the Hooker version of those mufflers and I did like them a bit.

yes smaller case louder exhaust note...if he could link the muffler from summit to us that would be great...i will more than likely end up with an ultra flow, but an oval case 3inch in/out in a very short length and stainless...i like my cars loud and obnoxious:-D

I hear ya!

We would really really like to hear it. I'm been thinking of changing out my Flowmasters for the Ultra Flo welded for a while now. I already have the X.

Does it have a deeper tone? I know the X more than likely quieten it down some.... it did mine.

Over here we've been wanting a good sound clip of the Ultras.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=51632

3 inch pipes ultraflo welded large bodied muffler with 3 inch turndowns and an H pipe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AErZNfvWKuw&feature=channel_page

what has the better sound the round case or the full bodied style muffler?

That is really the main question we are after. It is assumed that the round case will be louder because there is less fiber around the interior pipe of the muffler. Whereas the full bodied has more fiber in which causes a deeper tone. In my thinking anyways.

You can go here and compare each muffler sound.

http://www.dynomax.com/sounds/flash/sounds.html

I'm finally replacing my entire exhaust system. I had 2 1/4" stainless pipes with super 40 flowmasters through stock tips. Well last year i got sick and tired of the flowmasters. Every old car has them so i wanted something new and different. I bought a full 2 1/2" x-pipe system with cutouts through race mufflers (dynomax ultra flow welded) through big bore (factory style)tips. Best decision of my life. I finally have something that sounds more unique and the sound itself is much better. Well theres my 2 min. of bragging.

Is that the TTI system? I went with the TTI 2.5", x-pipe with the dynomax ultra flow welded option on my car too.

I love it.

flowmaster mufflers should come with a apology not a warranty.

my demon is a long way off from mufflers but on my 78 pickup i am running a single 3" system with 2- 3"edelbrock rpm mufflers inline ,i really like that sound, quiet until i get on it and then it sounds great. tiny drone but it sounds awesome.

I have TTI headers an X-pipe and Dynomax mufflers on 2 1/2" pipes and love the way this combo sounds. Good move 71duster06.

lets hear those clips!

I second that motion!

It's aggravaiting in a way to up load a clip... I did one time on YouTube and it seemed it took forever....I'm sure everyone wouldn't mind if it was easier and didn't take so long.

Hey everyone. Sorry that I havnt responed lately. Bust with my internship. Anyways, i bought the Pypes kit from summit and the ultra flow welded. I went with these since they are still considered a race muffler and i wanted to most flow. part # WLK-17219. The x pipe didnt make it much quieter but the mufflers make up for any difference. at idle it still has a low rough sound but a louder at WOT than the super 40's. i did notice quicker throttle response and the sound is amazing. the new tips make it bark more than stock too since its not choked own at all. Clips will come soon and the Super 40's are going on my girlfriends 67' 302 Mustang. Junk has to go somewere right....haha

awsome, I've been wanting to change out my flowmasters on my dart. Almost Every mustang out there has them. I have 2 1/5 pipes exiting out the back and was kinda getting tired of them. Youve sold me on these mufflers. I was going to go with turndowns at the rear axle also..

Hey everyone. Sorry that I havnt responed lately. Bust with my internship. Anyways, i bought the Pypes kit from summit and the ultra flow welded. I went with these since they are still considered a race muffler and i wanted to most flow. part # WLK-17219. The x pipe didnt make it much quieter but the mufflers make up for any difference. at idle it still has a low rough sound but a louder at WOT than the super 40's. i did notice quicker throttle response and the sound is amazing. the new tips make it bark more than stock too since its not choked own at all. Clips will come soon and the Super 40's are going on my girlfriends 67' 302 Mustang. Junk has to go somewere right....haha

Excellent! I love my Ultra flow welded mufflers

-
Back